News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Addons pak64 turn into pak128 is possible?

Started by sheldon_cooper, November 10, 2014, 12:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldon_cooper

Is there any program that converts addons pak64 to pak128 ?? Is this possible?

Sarlock

If you have the source image you could just double it with an image editor, but it wouldn't look very nice with the doubled pixels (it would look like pak64 does on full zoom).
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

sheldon_cooper

I recently saw some pak64 addons, but these addons, also has to pak128, so I thought there was some converter pak without editing the dat, because even I know not to build addons.

DrSuperGood

Many pak64 and pak128 assets share the same design. I would not be surprised if people do not make the 128 asset and simply downsize and touch up it for 64 in some cases. Alternatively they could up size 64 assets and re-touch them.

Direct asset ports are not recommended as the balancing will mostly be incompatible. Pak64 assets generally cost more to run (convoys) or maintain (ways) than pak128 assets so they would be unable to make a profit. Alternatively Pak128 assets cost a lot less to run and maintain (practically free by pak64 standards) so would make far too much money in pak64. Also there are way type compatibility issues with some road convoys in pak128 going above the maximum speed limit of pak64 roads. There may also be cargo compatibility issues and things such as standard pak64 not featuring any kind of food or pak128 not using plastic or paper transporters.

prissi

However, there is a program resizeobj:
http://www.geocities.jp/wa_simutrans/resizeobj.html

Most vehicles will look ugly, since pak128 uses about 4/5 smaller vehicles than pak64.

sheldon_cooper

Quote from: prissi on November 10, 2014, 10:25:00 PM
However, there is a program resizeobj:
http://www.geocities.jp/wa_simutrans/resizeobj.html

Most vehicles will look ugly, since pak128 uses about 4/5 smaller vehicles than pak64.
In fact, the converted pak64> pak128, image is blurred, with the zoom, the texture is different with the texture of the images on the side.
It seems that my only way out, is to ask the person who created the addons pak64, do also to pak128, that is, if I find.
Anyway, thanks for the tips and the help !! :)

prissi

Nearly all pak64 objects are hand drwn. Only Vilvoh did render them.

sheldon_cooper

I did not know! But because some objects is easily found in pak64, but pak128 is harder?
for example, wanted a very addons pak128 power poles, but só far only found to pak64.

Ters

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on November 13, 2014, 01:32:14 AM
I did not know! But because some objects is easily found in pak64, but pak128 is harder?

Strange. I have the impression that the 128 scale gets the most attention.

prissi

It is a commandline program. Read the documentation on that page from the images or via google translate

sheldon_cooper

I managed to run the program. resizeobj.exe  :) , but he, as I observed, only converts files 128> 64, and not the contrary.

Manche

I guess run resizeobj w/ option "-X" from short cut.

or

create bat file like below(bat file can make from txt).

ex.
start your resizeobj path/resizeobj.exe -X -E=128.pak -W=128

(-X is a 64>128 option, -E is a extension name, -W is a objective conversion size.)

In normal, resizeobj works in 128>64 mode, if run as a 64>128 mode, you must add described above option.
Ye, Olde, simutrans Player, from 2004.
In Japanese, "Manche" is spelled "まんちぇ".
Sometimes provide translation and addons.

Discord: MancheHeckens#4830

sheldon_cooper

Quote from: Manche on November 14, 2014, 03:35:32 AM
I guess run resizeobj w/ option "-X" from short cut.

or

create bat file like below(bat file can make from txt).

ex.
start your resizeobj path/resizeobj.exe -X -E=128.pak -W=128

(-X is a 64>128 option, -E is a extension name, -W is a objective conversion size.)

In normal, resizeobj works in 128>64 mode, if run as a 64>128 mode, you must add described above option.
Hello! I tried doing what you said, and this message appears: ('' select '' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch files)

Vladki

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on November 13, 2014, 01:32:14 AM
for example, wanted a very addons pak128 power poles, but só far only found to pak64.

I have tried last nightly pak128 and the tool for building power lines is missing. Perhaps just an error in menuconf.tab ?

On the other hand I really like the possibility of power line along a road. Is that implemented in other paks? What are the dat options to make it work?

Manche

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on November 14, 2014, 10:47:54 PM
Hello! I tried doing what you said, and this message appears: ('' select '' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch files)
may be, when you're pushed select, until that part "select ex. start...".
copy "start" so far "-W=128".

sheldon_cooper

You could make an example in txt and leave the link here to download.

Manche

here this.

when your resizeobj path is 'C:\windows\resizeobj\resizeobj.exe' ,
you write 'start C:\windows\resizeobj\resizeobj.exe -X -E=128.pak -W=128' .

you can see resizeobj path, open resizeobj folder, check title bar.

sheldon_cooper

Quote from: Manche on November 16, 2014, 03:17:01 AM
here this.

when your resizeobj path is 'C:\windows\resizeobj\resizeobj.exe' ,
you write 'start C:\windows\resizeobj\resizeobj.exe -X -E=128.pak -W=128' .

you can see resizeobj path, open resizeobj folder, check title bar.
Hello!! did exactly what you said, but the bat file failed. But anyway thanks for the help!
And if anyone can convert the file to 128, would be very grateful.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj9l14fs2wgib6v/PowerlineCrossSet.zip?dl=0