News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Liveries 2016

Started by fam621, August 16, 2016, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, there are certain liveries for trains missing.

jamespetts

I am aware that there are a number of things that could be added to the pakset: we could do with more than two types of tree, more aircraft, a more comprehensive set of railway vehicles of various companies in the past, more liveries (including multiple liveries for road and air vehicles), a fully re-scaled set of road vehicles, more different types of industry, more building graphics and many other things besides. Hopefully, these will all be done one day, but I am afraid that adding liveries is not currently a high priority.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: fam621 on August 16, 2016, 08:29:40 AM
James, there are certain liveries for trains missing.

So here's the deal about this sort of thing. If you want to see something in Simutrans that can be painted, feel free to make it. That's the way it works. It is highly discouraged to keep on asking for other people to make things for you.

This is not a paid project; everyone volunteers their time. And a lot of things were contributed by people who couldn't paint but decided to learn because they wanted to see things in Simutrans.

fam621

How do I do liveries for them which software, which compiler programme do I use? Whats the requirements? :/

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

When the Class 185 is introduced in March 2006. It does not carry barbie livery. Can there also be an option for it to be unbranded/plain livery when 'Private operator' is selected please? :(

jamespetts

The Class 185 should have both mauve and neon versions of the Firstgroup livery, although those are available sequentially rather than simultaneously. Are you finding that one of those two are missing or introduced in the wrong year?

fam621

Dymanic lines were introduced in late 2006.

jamespetts

I am not sure that I fully understand how that answers the questions; is one of the specific liveries that I mentioned not appearing?

fam621

There is no Arriva Trains Wales both new and old liveries for the class 67, 142, 143, 150, 153, 175, and the mark 3 coaches and DVT. At least the 175 can be in the livery when the 'Arriva' livery is selected. :)

fam621

James, can you make the West Anglia Great Northern 'WAGN' and the FCC unbranded livery and possibly Southern please? :)

jamespetts

I am afraid that I have a very large number of higher priority tasks for Simutrans outstanding at present, and also I do not currently have access to the .blends for these.

There is much to be said for learning how to adapt the .blend files yourself to create liveries. It's not that hard once you get started because the graphics are very basic as a result of the low resolution images necessary.

fam621

I am really keen on getting atleast one of the 3 post-privatization liveries for the class 313, for example WAGN (West Anglia Great Northern). :)

jamespetts

May I suggest looking at this thread?

fam621

There is no Arriva Trains Wales both new and old liveries for the class 67, 142, 143, 150, 153, 175, and the mark 3 coaches and DVT. At least the 175 can be in the livery when the 'Arriva' livery is selected. :)

jamespetts

I am aware that not all liveries have been produced for all vehicles, as I believe I have stated before. I am afraid that producing them is not a high priority. It is likely to be many years before I have completed all the things that are a higher priority than these unless the number of developers increases significantly.

If you think that there is an actual bug (i.e., graphics for the relevant liveries have been produced but they do not appear in the game), then please report that specifically with details on how to reproduce it. If, however, you merely wish for there to be more liveries, then I can only advise waiting for a very long time or learning how to make them yourself.

Please appreciate just how very limited what I can achieve is within the time that I have available and given how long that any given task takes.

fam621

jamespetts

As I wrote, if you learn how to make graphics yourself (which can be done with entirely free tools, does not need any artistic/draughtsmanship ability whatsoever, as demonstrated by the fact that even I am able to do it, and is very simple because the graphics are very low-fi), you can make whatever you like to your own ideas of priorities.

fam621

The Heathrow Express livery option has been removed from the livery selector on Simurtrans Ex. 12. :(

jamespetts

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "removed"? I have not made any changes such that would cause this to disappear compared to previous versions of either pakset or code, so far as I am aware.

Rollmaterial

There was a bug with the Heathrow Express livery definition at some point, maybe your game is from before it was fixed? Livery definitions are written into the game at start and cannot be changed afterwards. To use new livery definitions, you'd have to start a new game.

fam621

I cant be bothered to even try to make a livery its too hard. :(