News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Working towards the next release (1.10)

Started by The Hood, December 17, 2011, 02:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

I'm just trying to think when would be a good time to do the next release (1.10) in terms of both time since the last release, new stuff, and when people want a new release.  I'm aware 1.08->1.09 was far too long (almost 1 year).

Here's what's been done since 1.09 (November 2nd 2011):
- snow images for stations
- a few new bridges
- wlindley's medieval buildings (still awaiting snow)
- a few small additions to narrow gauge (wlindley, bridge still awaiting snow if possible)

In addition 1.09 is missing smokes and the demo save.

In the past, I've tried to time a release for before Christmas as I go away for a week or so then and people are off to enjoy it, but in the past it's also been when other people find time to draw stuff for pak128.Britain.  If anyone might do something similar this year, in which case I'll do a 1.10 in the new year (especially since 1.09 isn't that old yet, and not too much new stuff to add since).  I'm hoping to find time to do a few more bridges before Christmas, but not sure how much time I'll have yet.

Thoughts?

jamespetts

I should suggest a festive release, especially in light of the omissions in 1.09. The bridges, medieval buildings and snow images are worthwhile.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.