News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

(lack of) development update

Started by The Hood, September 25, 2016, 04:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

Hi all,

I realised recently it's been ages since I was on Simutrans. I know there are many people on here who are interested in pak128.Britain so I thought I'd explain a little about the lack of development recently. As usual in life there are many reasons but essentially it all boils down to I have more responsibility at work and my wife is about to give birth to our first child. I'm not expecting either of these to result in more time for Simutrans projects!

Last time I did do anything on pak128.Britain I got about halfway through balancing the pakset, and I'm still keen to get that done, but no idea when. Other graphics projects will no doubt be even further away. I've really enjoyed developing this project from its infancy with kierongreen, but it's a shame the pakset hasn't quite reached maturity yet.

So if anyone has the skills and desire to take things forward, I'd be more than happy to hand over the reins and just contribute when I can/watch from the sidelines. Do let me know if you're interested.

jamespetts

Very best wishes for the impending arrival!

Edit: Incidentally, one thing that would be helpful if you could do at some point to help others continue the work on the pakset is to make sure that all the .blend files for everything that is already in the pakset are available: I know that the latest rail vehicles, for example, are lacking .blend files at present.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

Congratulations The Hood :)

I am still around and can offer support to anyone wanting to take this on, though am quite busy too with other things in my life so can't take on coordinating development personally.