News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Goods overflow

Started by Teokryt, January 12, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teokryt

Ink InTransist problem is low. Now i have traportation jam with.. wood.

I have 10 Wood Producers mix-connceted to one TimberMill and Paper Industry.
To TimberMill I transport wood by ships by rivers (slow but large amounts).
To Paper industry I transport wood by rail, few lines network with together stop near Paper industry.

But what is wrong? Ships transport wood  FROM TimberMill to WoodProducer which connected to Rail Line to Paper industry. In this situation, InTransist grow and sometime lock other connected WoodProducers because in achive InTransist capacity limit (without my permission). In Transist limit is StorageCapacity x 5 (I check this at other factories). When all WoodProducers stop working because in Transist limit is exceed I can do only one thing. Send all trains/ships to depot, remove line (goods magically wipe) and create new line at the same stops. Now factory chain works again.

How is my solution? When factory expand production - expand supply goods storage. Constant storages unable to use full productivity because is limited by storage.  For example: max boosted paper industry 4400 units of paper rolls production (stoage is about 800 units wood and normal production is about 2000 units).  For 1 paper roll consume 220% of wood (2,2 units of wood). At the end, Paper industry consuming 9680 units of wood from 10 wood Producers but InTransist limit is 4000 units of wood. That difference between consumption and InTransist limit stops wood transport (wood producers only work when storage limit is below 800! units). In game (PAK64), I have any way to transport wood that fast, before paper industry consume all stored wood. When storage capacity will be boosted as production, inTransist limit don't be annoying. In previous example storage capacity may be about 1760 units of wood and in transist limit about 8800 units of wood!

Ters

I think the paper factory has issues of its own. But it seems what's bothering you the most here is that you have an unintended connection. This route is not optimal, and there is no reason why Simutrans should not discourage unoptimal lines. Either break this connection (by splitting factories somewhere), or build route from forrest to paper mill that doesn't detour via the timber mill.

Teokryt

I tried split station between two routes but WoodProducer works not efficient (InTransist capacity reached faster). Near Paper mill is not enough  place.