News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Questions about translations in SimuTranslator

Started by prissi, October 16, 2008, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Whoever translates in simutranslator: Please verify the meaning of your translation ingame, and do not translate, if you do not know about. The spanish translation contains a translation of 6suburb to "6suburbias" instead to a more meaningful value like "%s twon extension mall %s" (of course in spanish). This would give useless stop names and would spoil the game experience for players.

If you do not know, what is the meaning of a string, do not translate it! Ask here!

vilvoh

My fault... :-[... I didn't get the sense of that texts, and instead of asking I just translated it literally. I supposed they were related with stop's names. It will be fixed. Could you give us more details about the sense of those texts and others like 7center?

P.S: They're from base texts group, aren't they?
P.S: are 64pak translator's texts completly restored at Translator?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

prissi

These text do not need translation. They are only used if there is a translation and are there to generate a wider variety of stop names.

The have either two or three %s.
The first is the name of the city. The sceond (if there are three) is the direction North, South SW, ... and the last one ist the type of stop.

"%s %s extension %s" would give "Simuville north extension station" and "%s park city %s" will give "simuville park city airport"

vilvoh

Thanks for the info, prissi. Corrections are on the way... ;)

IgorEliezer

Hi Prissi,

it's just an idea:

why didn't you post the Translation Rules, like in old forum.

IgorEliezer

In order to avoid misunderstandings, once we have a topic named "SimuTranslator", I renamed this topic from "Translations" to "Questions about translations in SimuTranslator".

As Prissi said before, in other words: If you have any questions about meanings of internal texts or you are trying to figure out usage of a string, please post here.

Thanks,

IgorEliezer

I've found these strings in base text:

Quoteclf_chk_maglev
clf_chk_monorail
clf_chk_narrowgauge
hlf_chk_maglevstop
hlf_chk_monorailstop
hlf_chk_narrowgaugestop
hlf_chk_tramstop
ratio_pax

I don't know what they are. Which dialog boxes they are in?

VS

Maybe some filter windows? I can't remember where these are either :(

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Look into the vehicle filter and the stop filer lists for the stop/convoi lists of all of them.

IgorEliezer

ratio_pax

I don't know what is ratio_pax found in chart of City list window.

vilvoh

I guess pax comes from passengers..so I think it means to ratio of passengers

IgorEliezer

Then:

Total number of passengers = ratio_pax?
       Total inhabitants

vilvoh

I think it's passengers whose destiny-origin is the current city / total amount of passengers available in the game

prissi

This is found in the world statistics and is the number of transported passengers vs. the total number (in percent).

IgorEliezer

What do those mean?

Haus kaufen
Kein Besitzer\n

Also, I've realized new internal texts are being introduced with no note. It's hard to guess where new texts are.

Spike

Quote from: IgorTekton on July 17, 2009, 09:58:40 AM
Haus kaufen
Kein Besitzer\n

Haus kaufen = Buy (this) house
Kein Besitzer = No owner

Frank

Quote from: IgorTekton on July 17, 2009, 09:58:40 AM
What do those mean?

Haus kaufen
Kein Besitzer\n

Also, I've realized new internal texts are being introduced with no note. It's hard to guess where new texts are.

text for this http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2487.0

vilvoh

A proper and funny translation would be: Buy (this) house, in order to prevent squatting

Combuijs

For what it's worth:

QuoteHaus kaufen

Buy house

QuoteKein Besitzer\n

No owner

EDIT: Sorry, some people were faster than me. At least there seems to be some agreement on the translation...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

IgorEliezer

I knew "Haus" means "house", but you know, not always things are as they look.

I *could* translate:

Haus kaufen => "Buy a house"
Kein Besitzer => "For sale" or "Available for purchase"

I don't feel good with "No owner" because it'd make me think Simutrans' cities are uninhabited or houses are there Prêt-à-Porter.

(hmm... a tool for it could be interesting and another to show what I bought, like b-key does - show reserved ways)

EDIT: Fixed.

I have more internal texts:

clf_chk_trams
Convoi handles exhausted! (if I translate it I get some nonsenses)
PaxDest 
Upgrade must have\na higher level  (idem)

Suggestion: every new internal text, that is included in SimuTranslator, could have a note that tells me which window or place this internal text is.

z9999

Quote from: IgorTekton on July 17, 2009, 10:55:09 AM
Kein Besitzer => "For sale" or "Available for purchase"

For sale ?  ;D

IgorEliezer

Maybe, an ecologist Simutrans player interests... ;)

Spike

In German there is a word "Patenschaft", which means to be mentor/helper/supporter for a person or item.

Unfortunately English doesn't seem to have a good equivalent for this, otherwise a Simutrans player could become caretaker of the tree, or item, and the amount of money "for sale" would mean support money for the item to be taken care of.

Maragil

Quote from: Hajo on July 17, 2009, 01:18:07 PM

Unfortunately English doesn't seem to have a good equivalent for this, otherwise a Simutrans player could become caretaker of the tree, or item, and the amount of money "for sale" would mean support money for the item to be taken care of.

For eco people, in my borough, you can "adopt a tree" so you pay for the maintenance... Thought that might help

H./

prissi

The Hood

Zeno

Maragil

Yeah, that's what you do essentially... Sponsor a tree. :o

H./

IgorEliezer

Ermm.. what is this? "Convoi handles exhausted!"

Spike

Quote from: IgorTekton on October 15, 2009, 02:15:51 AM
Ermm.. what is this? "Convoi handles exhausted!"

Technically it means that a management table in the code is full - for each convoy this table needs an entry.

I'd suggest "Maximum number of convoys reached, please edit simuconf.tab to raise number of convoys and restart Simutrans" - or something similar.

sanna

Quote from: Hajo on October 15, 2009, 08:26:32 AM
I'd suggest "Maximum number of convoys reached, please edit simuconf.tab to raise number of convoys and restart Simutrans" - or something similar.

I have entered your suggestion as English translation into SimuTranslator

z9999+

Since prissi changed code something, I think "Convoi handles exhausted!"
is real limitation.

DirrrtyDirk

Also the "number of convoys" entry apparently was removed from simuconf.tab in the latest nightlies - so this text doesn't fit the current situation any more.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

sanna

So lets keep it simply "Maximum number of convoys reached."