News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Problem with the freight stop

Started by Vipera, October 13, 2008, 12:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vipera

I have an annoying problem with a freight stop: i'm using it in order to carry oil and when the petrol boat arrives there are two trains that pick the oil up and go where they need to go. This is working properly without any problem.
The problems starts when I try to use the freight stop in the reverse way: i would like to carry there (to the freight stop) some goods using trucks and then pick it up with a freight. But this doesn't work at all: the trucks not even pick up the goods and leave the stop! And the factory is working properly so the problem is definitely not there. I thought maybe there was a problem with the freight stop that was treating oil and it wasn't possible to store there a different good so I created another freight stop but the situation didn't change. I tried a create a deposit but this didn't help.
I hope I was enough clear since english is not my native language, if anybody can help me I would be very grateful

Zeno

Stations only knows of 3 different cargoes: goods, passenger and mail. So, if a station can store oil, will also be able to store (f.i.) coal or iron ore; btw, note that if you want to transport goods by different lines (first by train, then by truck, for instance), the whole transport chain won't work until ALL lines of transport (the train and the truck) connect all the stations involved there.

Example: transport coal from a mine to a intermediate station by train, then pick it up with trucks to the power station.
1) You build rails and stations from the mines to the intermediate station, then purchase the train, and start it. The train will remain in the miner station without carrying anything.
2) Then you build the road line, from the intermediate station to the power station. When the first truck is started, the game engine detects the full route and allows the transport of coal by those two routes, so the train will begin to carry coal in few seconds.

Vipera

Ok, I'll try later if it works, in fact the trasportation chain wasn't complete, i think this is the problem. Thanks a lot man

Colin

Also if you want to transport different goods in reverse, you can make half your carriages for oil and half for say coal. Just as long as all transport routes are completed.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Vipera

Thanks a lot to everybody, now it works!