News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Another of my great maps go into money debt....

Started by fam621, March 30, 2017, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, another of my great maps go into money debt.... How do I manage that with low-revenue services and city/town traffic. More cars that enter the city/towns affect all of my bus/coach services. Will cars be a possible fix for the next Nightly update? (We are talking about Pak128.Britain-Ex here)

Junna

Just use freeplay then?

You can turn down city car numbers as well.

jamespetts

I should note that the costs/revenues have not been balanced yet. This will be a very large job, and cannot be started until a number of significant features have been implemented. However, I know that some players have in the past managed to run very large profitable networks as things currently stand, so I do not think that it is unplayable: if anything, the balance is somewhat generous to players. If you would like to play without financial constraint, you are able to do so by enabling freeplay as Junna suggests.

As to cars affecting services, this is realistic: traffic congestion really does affect 'bus services. This is an intended and realistic part of the game: it would be a failing if this were not the case. I do not understand what you think would need to be fixed here. However, you can customise the amount of private cars generated to an unrealistically low level if you would like: just reduce the "traffic density" setting in the "display settings" dialogue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Rollmaterial

jamespetts

I explained exactly that in the second paragraph of my post above.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

James, I've sent you the maps via gmail so you can see whats the cause of my money debt.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot sensibly be expected to give detailed instructions on how to get out of debt in a particular game.

fam621

Cant there be a loan feature for Simutrans Extended? (Just asking) :)

Junna

Just click the "freeplay" button and you won't have to worry about the financial losses.

fam621

I did and my money keeps going into financial debt.

jamespetts

Loans are planned for the future, but that will take considerable time to implement unless more people willing and able to contribute to the code can be found.

If you are in freeplay mode, you can safely ignore any debt: that is the purpose of freeplay mode.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: fam621 on April 01, 2017, 05:46:54 PM
I did and my money keeps going into financial debt.

Freeplay doesn't effect any financial changes. The only thing it does is prevent being in debt from bankrupting you and ending the game.

Matthew

Fam621, you might find a 'house rule' that I made for myself helpful: I always start railway 'companies' (players) with 10,000,000 Simucredits, but in my mind I count that as being 0 Simucredits. I can never make rail lines make a profit either: buses break even, ships & canals make money, but railways always lose money. However, the interest I make on the cash pile outweighs the losses on a reasonable-sized railway, and I have played a game for several (real life) years in this way.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

fam621

This has not worked and I have gone into debt just for building railways....