News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Transporting Coal

Started by tykemalcolm, May 13, 2015, 10:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tykemalcolm

Hi, I've just recently found Simutrans and installed it. I got the map generated and found a coal mine that was close to a power station. I laid train tracks without a problem. However, I could not put down a station at either end of the tracks - I got a strange message about it must be level. Both the mine and the power plant are on the same level of land, and it is flat. I think that part of the catchment area was in a lower area. Is that the problem? Must the whole thing be on the same plane?

Spenk009

You can't build stations on slopes, curves or diagonals. Straight and level is required.

Make a screenshot next time, a picture says more than a thousand words.

tykemalcolm

I know you can't build on slopes - I wasn't. I was trying to put the building on flat land, and it was the catchment that flowed into lower ground.
Anyway, that's OK - I figured out what I was doing wrong. I did not realize that you have to build the complete track first, and add the station over the track.

Ters

The message isn't very specific about exactly you did wrong, so the English message (and possibly other langauges as well) lists all things that must be in place. When using plain adjectives, they come before the subject, causing the most important thing, the way itself, is mentioned last. One could perhaps rearrange the sentence so that it says "Stops can be built only on matching ways that are straight and level" if that makes it clearer. I don't know who maintains the English translations.