News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Can't view the details of locomotives

Started by Kikora, May 27, 2011, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kikora

I've encountered a problem while starting my first experimental game. I can't view the details of the locomotives. It just shows up LOCO_INFO_TXT.

The screenshot: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5Fq1QHwBShk/Td_HLNNKkjI/AAAAAAAAAkI/FxTSGBl72Ak/s1600/Simutran-bug.png
- by the way, the screenshot is from pak 128 - standard. I didn't know about the experimental pak until I did some searching.
- I loaded up the pak 128 Britain-experimental and tried again. The LOCO_INFO_TXT still shows up.

Some background:

- I used the windows installer for simutrans standard. It installs into my program files nicely with pak 128.
- Then I downloaded the windows zip file for simutrans experimental. I unzip the archive on my desktop and copied the files into the simutrans program files. (Main reason: It doesn't allow me to unzip it in the simutrans folder in program files)
- I downloaded the pak 128 Britain for experimental and copied the files into the simutrans folder.

Any idea where I have gone wrong?

jamespetts

Kikora,

welcome to Simutrans! The problem that you have is that you have not downloaded the text files. See here for details.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Kikora

Sorry. But could you point me the right direction? So, would it be under the section Configuration files or Program files (Makeobj)?

I do not fully understand what the post is talking about. :p

Thank you! :D

Kikora

Ok, I finally figured it out. I downloaded the config and text files and copy it to a simutrans-experimental folder. Then I copy all the files from the simutrans folder to the simutrans-experimental folder.

Thanks for your help! :D Cheers!