News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

How do I build underground railways?

Started by Superstu1988, February 28, 2015, 03:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superstu1988

Hi guys,

Just got back in to the game and loving it. I am playing the latest build in the British 128 pak version 1.16. I am trying to build a tube network but when I press U to look underground all the track placing options disappear. I am playing with the timeline on from 1970 and currently in 1971.

I have looked on simutrans tips which states that you hold control and build a tunnel which I can do to place one end of a tunnel but when I press U to go underground I can't place any track.  Any help on this would be great.

Thanks advance.

Stu

Václav

Just begin like in case of building of tunnels - prepare place where tunnel will start.

:arrow: switch to layer view (and find layer in which you will start construction of underground way)
:arrow: build tunnel portal with using of ctrl key together with building of tunnel (you may build tunnel as often, if you know that its part will leave underground in straight direction)
:arrow: use tunnel building icon for further tunnel construction as you need

Slopes in tunnel are possible too - use terraforming icons for doing of it. But in this case you will need to switch between layers.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Superstu1988

Thank you so much.

That makes sense that you use the tunnel tool.

Have a good weekend.

Stu