News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

github organisation: simutrans

Started by sdog, November 21, 2012, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

Github allows to set up organisations. It might be a good idea to do so, since we have a couple of repositories and a number of people using it for simutrans.

I suggest doing so. If you want me to i'll go on and do it.

If doing so, it would be good to set up a simutrans email address with something of the like github@  and forward to the maintainer of the organization at github.

ps.: Regardless of this, i should like to ask for two simutrans email addresses to be set up and forwarded to me, if it's not too much inconvenience.
pak128git@   pak192.comic.git@  or similar, to use for the user accounts of the github mirrors of pak128 and pak192.comic respectively.

pps: Sorry i forgot who's managing the email, Timothy, Isaac?

correction: 196 -> 192, thanks Fabio.

Fabio

Ashley

Where should the email accounts forward to?
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

An_dz

jamespetts

This seems to be a good idea in principle, but I am not quite sure what this would entail in practice, since I haven't used Github organisations before. Are you able to summarise how they work...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

i'd start it up and find out in the process.
After having an initial organization, i'd add pak set repos for testing purpose.

https://github.com/blog/674-introducing-organizations

The reason i'm starting this is that i'll be having another github account soon, to manage the git mirror of pak192.comic.
And the hope that this helps to make the 'official' repos easier to find and identify as 'official'.

jamespetts

This is very interesting. I wonder how we might organise it? Is there any scope for clusters of organisations? Could we have Simutrans, Simutrans-Experimental, Pak192.Comic, Pak128.Britain, Pak128.Britain-Ex, Pak64, etc.?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

it would be sensible to have 'Simutrans' as organization and the paks asociated to it.