News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

SMSC May 2013 Edition: Midnight Tunnel

Started by An_dz, May 09, 2013, 01:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

This month we will force you to turn the lights off, this month SMSC topic is Midnight Tunnel. Show us a tunnel that looks splendid when the night comes, it can be as much tunnels you want and the type you want. It just have to be a tunnel and at night.

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Midight Tunnel
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • Please include a name for your image
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at May 24th. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:
  • Compliments by the community
  • Become the cover picture of our Facebook page
  • Become the Simutrans homepage image

Enkort

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce the first contest picture from my next big project (after Tokyo region) - Berlin:

Nord-Süd Tunnel is a section of the Berlin S-Bahn under the city centre. It was finally built in 1939 to provide an S-Bahn connection between suburban lines.

On the picture you can see southerly tunnel entrances with S-bahn trains, U-bahn train on overpass and part of the North–South main line used by intercity and regional trains.

real game, pak128.german with addons

jap train fan

May i present you with another one of my pictures
the Channel Tunnel
(real game)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholasnothing/8754142456/

As part of the Anglo-French relations celebrations, SNCF ran a TGV Thalys through the Channel Tunnel.

edit: forgot to state pakset. its pak 128 britain

SilverHorse

Working in the moonlight.

This created scenario (not real game) is a industrial town in a mountain landscape. A railway and a highway cross the river and the mountain using bridges and tunnels. Also, the urban roads go under the rail tracks.

I tried to show an industrial landscape, as I have seen travelling by Guipuzcoa at night.

I used pak 128 with Spanish Addons (trains and road vehicles)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lmallet

Thouars Junction

The main line here goes under Thouars' Steel Mill, which is responsible for half of rail traffic on the network.  Congestion is frequent here due to the numerous coal, ore and steel trains, however the tunnel provides an express route for high-speed passenger trains.

Real game, Pak64 + Packer's PakUS.
http://i.imgur.com/QTHuIwt.png

An_dz

So, do you agree when to upload your pics? It's the third time everybody uploads in the same day. ;) :D

Lmallet

Quote from: An_dz on May 20, 2013, 02:48:11 AM
So, do you agree when to upload your pics? It's the third time everybody uploads in the same day. ;) :D

We do :)

mEGa

Hello community,
I'm temporary come back at this month to contribute to this challenge.

Station tunnel of Vienne

The city of Vienne) is fast growing. To fluidify the traffic, a tunnel was built under the new big passengers station to allow the passage of fret transit trains.

Real game with pak128 and many addons (french and others)
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Fabio

mEGa, it appears like your link is broken.

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on May 20, 2013, 05:45:26 PM
mEGa, it appears like your link is broken.
Thank you Fabio for your feedback.
This afternoon, some trouble with my website, apologizes. I Think it's now ok (I see my uploaded picture in this post)

greenling

mega
it´s not ok! I can not view your photo!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

I modified link again . Does it run now ?

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!