News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Vehicle lists for Pak Britain

Started by Tazze, May 10, 2013, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazze

Hello. I have made vehicle list.
I put some lists for Pak Britain.

Tram list for Pak Britain
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Trams_list_britain.zip

City Car list for Pak Britain
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/City_car_list_britain.zip

Road vehicle list for pack Britain
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/road_vehicles_iist_britain.zip

Aircraft list for Pak Britain (So much data was fixed)
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Aircraft_britain.zip

Water vehicle list for Pak Britain (45%)
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Water_vechicles_list_britain.zip

Other lists are not completed yet...

The lists for Pak 128 are here

Tazze

Hello all,
My making lists is going well.
Incidentally, I tried to fix a graphical problem, since I confirmed.

This is pleasant Black Cab. It looks floating.

I fixed position of them,I just cut and past, although I say fix...

See,fixed it.

By the way,I didn't understand why not appeared "Volvo-v70-police".
Someone can you see it?

jamespetts

Thank you very much for that fix - incorporated into the Experimental branch.

As to the police car, I think that there might have been a bug with the graphics, which I have now fixed; however, it is intended to appear less frequently than other traffic (with a lower "distributionweight").
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Tazze

I'm happy for your help, James.
Quote from: jamespetts on May 27, 2013, 02:58:57 PM
As to the police car, I think that there might have been a bug with the graphics, which I have now fixed; however, it is intended to appear less frequently than other traffic (with a lower "distributionweight").
I'll check it if you done, and update list.

Will you check a red letter in the list that is miss writing in the bat file?

jamespetts

Quote from: Tazze on May 27, 2013, 03:35:52 PM
Will you check a red letter in the list that is miss writing in the bat file?

I'm not sure that I understand, I'm afraid - what do you mean by this?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Tazze

Oh,sorry to confuse you,it's my misunderstanding.
This problem was for Pak 128. And no problem about Pak Britain.

Tazze

Quote from: Tazze on May 27, 2013, 10:16:07 PM
Oh,sorry to confuse you,it's my misunderstanding.
This problem was for Pak 128. And no problem about Pak Britain.
I reconfirmed the fact: this reply was wrong.

What I had wanted to say was that "please check it."

I'm sorry to make confusion. :-[

jamespetts

Ahh, thank you for spotting that: fixed on the Experimental version.

The Hood

Thanks for this and the corrections.

In a similar vein, as part of the major rebalancing project I am currently working on, I have made a flowchart outlining the progression of locomotives in the set. So far it contains only the steam locos of the "LMS group", i.e. the Liverpool & Manchester, LNWR, Midland, Highland, LMS and the Standard BR types (this is the most detailed part of the set). White boxes refer to locos not in the set that would possibly be good to include later on. Ultimately I intend to produce ones for each of the big 4 rail companies as well as BR and on into post-privatisation. Do let me know if you have any comments/improvements/historical inaccuracies to report...

jamespetts

Very interesting flowchart! We should probably add the large bloomer parallel to the Problem class (I suggest using the locomotive's alternative name, the "Lady of the Lake" class, as "problem" might suggest to new players that there is something wrong with it!).

Also, what is the MR 25 class - do you have any sources on that? Where did that suggestion come from? Also, what is the significance of the MR Crampton being in grey?

Finally, are you sure that the LNWR Experiment class is the best representative of the early LNWR compounds, rather than, say, the Great Britain class?

In any event, lovely spreadsheet! Do you plan to do this for carriages, too; and also for non-railway transport?

Edit: By the Midland 25 class, you didn't mean this, did you? That is actually a renumbered 800 class.

The Hood

- Large Bloomer - isn't that already there between Crewe type and Problem?
- Problem/Lady of the Lake - fair enough
- MR 25 - taken from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotives_of_the_Midland_Railway) as a single wheeler from 1887
- Experiments - these were early 4-6-0s whereas the Great Britains were 2-4-2s? I'm also not 100% sure how to differentiate between simple and compound locos...
- eventually I do intend to do this for carriages and all modes.

VOLVO

Sorry for creating so much troubles as my paks are full of bugs.. ;D

Tazze

jamespetts

"Bloomer" names are confusing: apologies - I meant the "extra large bloomer". As to the MR 25 class, I see which one that you mean; I suspect that Wikipedia might have given it the wrong class number. It is an earlier version of the 115 "Spinner" by the looks of it.

As to the difference between standard and compound, in Experimental, they have a different relationship between power and tractive effort (more tractive effort, all other things being equal), and the better of them might end up with a reduction in maintenance cost when I do the balancing in Experimental, although the poorer LNWR compounds were unreliable, which might offset any saving in fuel costs.

Edit: Some further useful information on the earlier Midland 4-4-2s here.

Edit 2: Are we sure that we want to have the Webb Experiment class? It might be useful one day to have the Whale Experiment class, which was essentially a non-superheated version of the Prince of Wales class (and looked so similar that we can probably get away with using the Prince of Wales class graphics); if we want an early LNWR compound, might we be better off with the Dreadnoughts instead to avoid a confusion of names?

The Hood

I was refering to the Whale Experiment there...

jamespetts

Ahh, yes, that makes sense. I suppose that the Webb compounds were never very successful (although a fair few were built all the same).

Tazze

Hello The Hood. I got a good idea for you.
Now, I'm going to make Full-parameter-chart (radar chart).
First of all, I make Average data but which has two pasterns.
Which do you think is better?

Sample 1:AVERAGE function
Sample 2:TRIMMEAN function

The Hood

I'm not sure what you mean. Which data are you averaging?

Tazze

I had considered how should explain this.

It might  probably my selfish out of control.
However I have to explain why I  attempted to averaged.

Why I averaged?
When I had seen some graph and chart, I had found a radar chart and thought that it will be useful to see vehicle's valance with this chart.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_chart
And then , I consider what is better to compare with each vehicle's parameter and came to advantage.

Yet, when I think over slowly and carefully :now, am I thinking that it just a thing to be hardly to see my vehicle list even.

Excuse my English and explanation

Tazze

Aircraft list for Pak Britain is done.

Thank you.

Tazze

Road vehicle list for pack Britain was completed!!

Tazze

Quote from: jamespetts on May 27, 2013, 02:58:57 PM
Hi, James.
did you fix it?
If you did not do it yet, use it.

jamespetts

Thank you - that is very helpful. Now included in the Github branch.