News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Britain Pak Timespan?

Started by 12padams, October 11, 2013, 05:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12padams

What is the best timespan to play this pak in? I've heard some people say "1750-2000" a while ago but is this still the case? I like playing Paks with lots of content and upgrades over the longest timespan possible. Is this Pak currently the biggest Pak with the most content available? Would you recommend playing the stable version released 21st December 2012 or does the currently nightly build have much more content making it worth playing despite the bugs? Has much been added since the stable?

Also when does the content slow down in both the stable and current nightly build? Would you say its still 2000 or beyond that by now?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

P.S Yes, I know... I'm an annoying person that keeps appearing and disappearing from the simutrans community every 6 months :P

kierongreen

Latest nightly has many more features (in the game engine and pak). These could potentially make maps more interesting - there's also more vehicles to play with!. However at the moment this really is for testing, forward compatibility isn't necessarily guaranteed and for playing a really long game it might be a little dangerous...

The aim is to have a timeline from 1750 to the present. That's more or less there at the moment - although it has to be said the early years are a bit slow, due to both the speeds of the vehicles present and that there are few changes until until 1830.