News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

PM notifications not received

Started by moblet, October 07, 2013, 10:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moblet

I've not received email notifications of private messages over the past month or so, in spite of having this option checked. I'm using Hotmail and no emails from Simutrans are hitting my Junk folder either. Any ideas?

kierongreen

It might even be filtered before it gets to the junk folder dependent on the algorithm. Unless this is a problem with notifications in general?

Fifty

I too have had some weird stuff going on with PMs. One PM that I got on the forum on September 14th, I did not get an email about until September 20th. Most other messages have just never arrived in my inbox. Nothing in my spam folder either. I use Gmail, for what it's worth.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

jamespetts

I have had some intermittent trouble with message notifications not being received. I had this before, but on that occasion, the problem was mail going to my junk folder; however, this time, the mail was not in my junk folder. On some occasions, the notifications have arrived very late, on others, not at all. However, it seems to have been better in the past week or so.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

In general e-mail isn't fully reliable. I've seen e-mail that have been stuck on some intermittent mail server for days, I've seen e-mail queue up in the sending application because the SMTP server didn't like it anymore or because of failure to resume after network problems, and I've seen e-mail disappear between two machines in the same building (on either side of the firewall, though).

moblet

I haven't received notifications of posts here either, and I'm definitely subscribed as far as the forum software is concerned.
Quote from: Ters on October 08, 2013, 04:34:00 AM
In general e-mail isn't fully reliable.
My inbox and junk folders seem to be getting everything from everyone else, though.

asaphxiix

I have not received subscription messages since Sep 24. Don't think this is a reliability issue.

testuser01

Not an actual user. Just an admins' sockpuppet.

IgorEliezer

PM arrived, but no e-mail notification. It's time to contact Isaac. :<

EDIT: scratch that. The e-mail went to the Spam folder.

Make sure that *@mesquiteserver.com is whitelisted.

moblet

Quote from: IgorEliezer on October 08, 2013, 07:43:47 AM
Make sure that *@mesquiteserver.com is whitelisted.
Did that, still hasn't resolved it. Notification emails still disappearing without trace...

IgorEliezer

I did not forget... well, sincerely I forgot, just remembered the issue and sent a support ticket to the server manager.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Investigating... but maybe not until Monday - opening a show tomorrow night.

jamespetts

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on November 14, 2013, 07:30:06 PM
Investigating... but maybe not until Monday - opening a show tomorrow night.

Break a leg!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

An_dz

Anyone else watched The Simpsons episode American History X-cellent?
Because that's what came to my mind with you guys telling to break a leg. Specially with Igor saying Ouch.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Thanks for the well wishes! :) I didn't say, but it's Les Miserables. :)

Three quick things not to do in a live theatre:

1. Don't say "good luck" - that's bad luck. Say "break a leg" - which refers to bowing - bending the leg to bow.

2. Don't say "MacBeth" - I barely was able to type that! And I'm at home. It's bad luck. Call it the Scottish Play and they'll know what you mean. (source of the myth is probably that it's a very complicated show with lots of places that are easy for actors to get hurt)

3. Never whistle in a theatre. That's how stagehands used to signal things flying in and out from the flyspace - so you could end up with a piece of scenery on your head (and some have died this way).

But back to the problem - so far, the limited time I have - I don't see anything stuck in the outbound queue, which I'd expect to see if we were blacklisted... but I'll do some more checking on that and testing of emails...

jamespetts

I should add that this seems to have been working for me in the last few weeks.

sdog

Do you have to chant: "Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends."
and pluck each others nose when the Scottish play is mentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--HR7PWfp0

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Hmm... maybe it's working again? Might have been something that was temporarily broken and I fixed or a software update did...

If anyone can confirm still not working... that would be helpful. I'll still do more testing Monday, though.

On the Scottish Play... I've heard several possible un-curses, including standing on one's head while reciting a monologue; another that involved turning around three times while doing something else I forget... so that sounds reasonable. :)