News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[0.8.4] Midland class 115 "Spinner" possibly lacking power

Started by ӔO, February 09, 2013, 10:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

Taking a guess.

If Class 483 is rated as 2P with 775kW/71kN
and LNWR Jumbo is rated as 1P with 850k/48kN
and Class 1000 is rated as 4P with 1075kW/98kN

Class 115, being an express locomotive, ought to have a 2P or 2XP rating, which should put it somewhere between 800kW and 1000kW

I think 925kW wouldn't be a bad estimate.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Oops - for some reason, I have only just noticed this.

It is a happy coincidence, however, that I have just finished a major re-balancing of the power of all steam locomotives, which was necessary when some of the physics presets were changed to fix a problem that had been reported in earlier versions in which light but low powered trains and road vehicles could not reach their maximum speeds. All of the power settings of steam locomotives are now based on either actual recorded performance of that particular type of locomotive, or extrapolation from such values based on the physical characteristics of that locomotive, such as the heating surface area, fire grate area and boiler pressure. All of the changes are on my Github repository. (All the power numbers look much lower than now, but this is balanced by all of the rolling and air resistance values also being much lower).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.