News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Ex 0.4 - Stage Wagon anomaly

Started by jeffatsqi, December 28, 2009, 04:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffatsqi

I think there are issues with the Stage Wagon vs the Wagon and Cart. I started a game at 1830 and find the following:

Cart     Wagon   Stage Wagon
         ====  ====   =====
Cost     200      400           40
/km     0.01     0.02         0.80
Cap.        1         3              6

So the Stage Wagon carries 2x the Wagon, cost 1/10th, but is 40x more costly to run. Is this what was intended?
Simutrans economics labs at www.osnv.org

jamespetts

Thank you very much for the observation. The prices in Pak128.Britain-Ex are, for the most part, taken without modification from Pak128.Britain-Standard. Pak128.Britain-Standard has not been fully balanced yet, so anomalies of this sort may occur from time to time. I am currently awaiting some information about relative costings of certain types of vehicles following which I intend to re-balance the set specifically for Simutrans-Experimental. That might be a little while off, though.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jeffatsqi

That is fine. I will just keep documenting the issues. I can return the open posts at each re-balance and see if the problem was addressed.
Simutrans economics labs at www.osnv.org

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.