News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Small issues

Started by waerth, January 30, 2010, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

I have been trying out Simutrans experimental and must say I am impressed and hooked.

I am playing 7.1 with the english pak.

I have 2 minor issues that I hope will be addressed somehow.

The houses available in the English pak are to small in size, so cities have a lot of urban sprawl instead of building higher in the center. I checked with the "government player" and turned timeline of and noticed that only a few bigger houses are available. I hope more will be available in the pak soon ...

The first Metro train introduced in 1907 which goes 90 km an hour is 45 tons. Unfortunately the rails with a maximum speed of 110 km/h only allows for 43 tons .... which means I have to build the much more expensive 145 km/h track ... I find this slightly silly ... I hope this will be tweaked in later versions.

Furthermore the game runs extremely stable! No crashes so far (knocking on wood) ..... great work! Keep it up!

Waerth

jamespetts

Waerth,

thank you for trying Simutrans-Experimental and Pak128.Britain-Ex - I am very glad that you like them! Thank you also for taking the trouble to post feedback here - all feedback is very much appreciated.

As to the houses: this is a general Pak128.Britain issue, not specific to Pak128.Britain-Ex. However, this is in the process of being addressed: see here for further information.

In relation to the weight limits, I plan to change the way in which weight limits work in the next version of Simutrans-Experimental (using axle weights rather than vehicle weights), so weight limits will be re-balanced in any event.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you continue to enjoy playing!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

waerth

Offcourse I will enjoy playing! Thanks for the great work.

W