News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

freetype-config deprecated in favour of pkg-conf

Started by Roboron, February 11, 2020, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roboron

When compiling Simutrans Standard with scaling font support for my Arch package, it was unable to find freetype-config although I have Freetype2 installed. Searching for more info I found this bug report in Debian

QuoteThe next release of libfreetype6-dev will *not* ship `freetype-config', as the script has now been deprecated in favour of `pkg-config'.

If this bug is not resolved prior to the release of FreeType 2.9.1, your package may FTBFS.

This is the case for me, since freetype2 is in version 2.10.1-1 in Arch Linux.

prissi

Great, why stick to something working, just because something newer is working too.
Just add to your config.default file the line
FREETYPE_CONFIG = pkg-config freetype2

Roboron

Quote from: prissi on February 12, 2020, 03:38:03 AMJust add to your config.default file the line
FREETYPE_CONFIG = pkg-config freetype2

Thank you, this does the trick.

Quote from: Ters on February 12, 2020, 05:57:54 PMThis has been brought up earlier.

A warning in the readme or a comment in the default config files provided would has been greatly appreciated.

Matthew

Quote from: prissi on February 12, 2020, 03:38:03 AMFREETYPE_CONFIG = pkg-config freetype2

Since Extended is also dependent on Freetype, do you think this is helpful advice for people compiling Extended on Linux too?
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Roboron

Quote from: Matthew on February 12, 2020, 10:27:10 PMSince Extended is also dependent on Freetype, do you think this is helpful advice for people compiling Extended on Linux too?

Are you sure it is? config file for Extended doesn't contain any references to Freetype, so I don't think Extended have (yet) merged those changes.

Matthew

Quote from: Roboron on February 12, 2020, 10:31:32 PM
Are you sure it is? config file for Extended doesn't contain any references to Freetype, so I don't think Extended have (yet) merged those changes.

You are probably right; I only checked that Freetype was in the dependencies.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。