News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

This Really Irks Me.

Started by Delite, November 12, 2011, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isidoro

I tend to be quite imaginative in looking for solutions.  For example, it can be done:

1) buy the CD and sell copies of it half-price in E-Bay.  (So to say, he takes profit of ourselves with no credit, let us take profit of him)...  How bad I am...   8)

2) make advertisements inside the game that the game is free and where to download it.  For instance, a moving-object, or an airplane flying around with a message at the end (just like the ones you see in summer at the beaches)...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Well, if we were to attack things that way... No reason to buy the CD from him in the first place, we have all the sources. We could put together a CD pretty easily... It's something I could even do - I have plenty of time, being unemployed. heh. Although I'd prefer to only sell in the US if we went that route.

Of course, have to decide what happens if any of them were to sell.

Spike

Quote from: isidoro on January 10, 2012, 02:48:52 PM
2) make advertisements inside the game that the game is free and where to download it.

I like this idea. We should have something like this somewhere in the game:

"Simutrans is free software. If you paid for it, you should ask for a refund. You can get Simutrans for free at Sourceforge or check http://www.simutrans.com for further information".

jamespetts

Isaac has, I think, a cunning plan! This would be easy to add to the startup screen and help to deter people like this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Colin

This has to be nipped in the but through EBay. Putting anywhere in the program means that one must already have the program to see it. If enough people report the offender to EBay they will eventually do something about it. Pontificating on solutions on this forum is not going to go anywhere. See my previous post. Where is the post regarding the action I took several months ago?  What action was taken then? Nothing, zilch, denada. Stop writing about it hear, write to EBay TODAY!!!
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.