News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[ +1 ]

Started by MagnusA, October 07, 2012, 09:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnusA

Today I discovered that I got the link "[ +1 ]" in the left part of each post, don't know how long it has been there. I suppose it is the "Add a helpfulness point" (karma?). Has there been a change of change of setting somewhere? As far as I know I am not a member of the Devotee group or similar, only "Can send PMs".

Just want to check in case "ordinary members" is not supposed to give helpfulness points. :-) /Magnus

VS

Short version 1: Igor had birthday.

Short version 2: You can use it.

Sometimes, only good news :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

IgorEliezer

*giggles and whistles*

After a short talk with Devotees and Admins, some of us thought it would be a nice idea, just for a try, to let all members give "helpful points"... if they think some member has been helpful.

Well, I had decided I should not have posted a public announcement... I preferred to let people discover it by themselves. My congratulations. :)

ML

Since now this option has now spread to "wide" public, wouldnt it be better to set the minimum time between [ +1 ] someone to more than 1 hour? So this forum wont end up having members being more helpful than anything else..

This is not meant to reduce the value of the vote, but vice versa. The less options you have, the more it makes you to weight up your steps.

I could imagine the possibility of [ +1 ] anyone just once per a couple of days while not enabling to [ +1 ] the person for the 2nd/3rd/.. time for a couple of months.

isidoro

Yes, it seems sensible to me to limit the amount of points you can give.  Otherwise, that number would mean almost nothing...

Another option (don't know if the software allows it): lose one point for each two points you give.

IgorEliezer

Well, the only limits we have are:
- you can't give more than one HP within 1 hour.
- you can't give yourself HPs.

To make it clearer, keep in mind that:

- There is no prizes or rewards for getting x or y HPs.
- We can't make a rank of the "top most helpful users". Even if possible, I don't think we would need it.
- The HP thing is just a way for a member to express gratitude other than posting "thank you". :)

But, you're still not comfortable with it, just think of it as a Facebook-ish "Like" button. 8)

VS

Igor has two hitpoints more than me! Nooooo.... ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

isidoro

Now you are even:  51 vs 51...  :D

Markohs

IgorEliezer

What sorcery is this?! VS and Fabio have got more HP than me!

ӔO

I swear, I didn't do anything :-X
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

sdog

Quote from: IgorEliezer on October 10, 2012, 04:38:55 AM
What sorcery is this?! VS and Fabio have got more HP than me!

Markohs too

VS

Since this descended into random randomness, here's a comic for you.

:police: Let's not get too playful with that, gentlemen.

8) 8) :::) Awww...

:police: Thank you.

::-\ ::'( :-[ (silence)