News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

pak.Nippon (64 size) V0.1

Started by prissi, January 13, 2015, 12:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

There is a whole pak using half height pak64 graphics and tons of rendered buildings by wa:
https://github.com/wa-st/pak-nippon/releases/download/v0.1.0/pak.nippon-v0.1.0.zip

It currently uses pak64 vehicles; but you may want to mix it with pak64.japan vehicle selections.

Manche

pak.nippon is a one of the best pakset among simutrans pak set.
and that has good graphics like 70's~90's Japanese scenes.

I guess some of add-on(s) from Japanese add-on(s) web site.
further, most of fit this pak set, are takamaro's, tenuki's and 555's vehicle set.
their vehicles have better reality, good balance(s).
Ye, Olde, simutrans Player, from 2004.
In Japanese, "Manche" is spelled "まんちぇ".
Sometimes provide translation and addons.

Discord: MancheHeckens#4830

colonyan

I was astonished by the graphic of this one. With this, it reconfirmed how much 64 size can still achieve.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

This is a really really pretty pak. I love it!

Markohs

I just tried and it looks *really* nice

prissi

Upon looking more into it, I find some later stage buildings too large (although true to the render scale). And the night colors are to grey for japan, where are all the colorful neon of the last fifty years gone?

But on the upside, it is possible to load pak64 games. It just needs a compat.tab which includes the station and to copy the Schiffhebewerk channel bridge (or any other channel bridge).

Manche

Quote from: prissi on January 13, 2015, 10:17:26 PM
Upon looking more into it, I find some later stage buildings too large (although true to the render scale). And the night colors are to grey for japan, where are all the colorful neon of the last fifty wear gone?

But on the upside, it is possible to load pak64 games. It just needs a compat.tab which includes the station and to copy the Schiffhebewerk channel bridge (or any other channel bridge).
may be, current situation of simutrans, too difficult to make express neon(s).
otherwise, most of Japanese scene in capital,  in these days, we had been decreased to have opportunity to see neon(s).

Ye, Olde, simutrans Player, from 2004.
In Japanese, "Manche" is spelled "まんちぇ".
Sometimes provide translation and addons.

Discord: MancheHeckens#4830

prissi

Put into the installer selection

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I've downloaded a list of English-name cities in Japan to be put in pak.nippon/text: http://ieh.im/s/citylist_en.txt

This is my current favorite pak, as a road builder. :) I wish there was a pak.USA built on this style! :)

Frank

import into translator for translate

set: pak64.nippon

Green

Hello,
I downloaded citylist_en.txt from a web-archive and tested in English environment, because I wanted to know how pak.nippon was displayed on the screen. Characters such as "ū" and "ō" are not displayed, so that citylist_en.txt should be fixed by replacing them with "u" and "o" accordingly.

I attached a new version of citylist_en.txt fixed by myself. Though this topic is old enough, but I hope this would help someone who are going to play pak.nippon.

PS - citylist_en.txt was updated on Sep 11, 2021 12:07:15 PM (fixed lowercase problem reported by #14)

Green

FYI
Pak.Nippon (64 size) V0.1 is still available but it seems outdated.
The newest version at present is "pak.nippon v0.5.0", which was released on Jan 31, 2021. You can download it from here:
https://github.com/wa-st/pak-nippon/releases/

Thank you.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: green on September 09, 2021, 12:23:40 PMCharacters such as "ū" and "ō" are not displayed, so that citylist_en.txt should be fixed by replacing them with "u" and "o" accordingly.
This also includes a bad change in that it changes the first letter to lowercase.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Green

Thanks. But I can not confirm any problem here as you mentioned. City names are displayed normally in alphabets. See the attached image.

Ranran(retired)

Unless standard has recently added the ability to automatically change initials to uppercase, there was no such feature until at least recently. At least as far as I've tested with r9274 and extended, there doesn't seem to be such a feature.
And the image you presented does not seem to contain anything that would create an issue - the initials are not o or u.
For example, you changed Ōsaka to osaka. Then ,did you confirm "Osaka" appear instead of "osaka"?
Note that it is unlikely that the name of the city that caused such issue will be selected.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Green

I understood your good point. The cause was occurred by mechanically replacing ō with o at once by a text editor. That is why Ōtsu became otsu for example (Osaka is originally Osaka, so this has not changed and exception though). I fixed these lowercase problem, so you can download from the above attached.
Thank you.

And also original citylist_en.txt above is available for your convenience, because it might be still useful in some environments, such as in Windows. For such a need, please contact me afterwards.

prissi

This may be a unicode issue. Maybe the citylist is using ANSI encoding, (if it is old enough) while nowadays all translations require Unicode. Simutrans tries to silently fix this, but some characters (valid UTF8 start byte but no continuation byte) will cause display issues.