News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

New Option in Map View

Started by WTell, May 06, 2012, 03:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTell

Simutrans is great. I've been playing it for years and love how much its evolved. Sometimes however, while playing the game, I noticed that after a while my lines start to get all tangled up and mashed together.  This is a big problem with my trains particularly because sometimes I can't notice easily where the highest line congestion is in my system, and can't plan accordingly.  I think it would be a big help if there were an option to highlight the different lines you have running (Not to mention how amazing it would look).  Sort of like this image.

Anyone else notice this? And how do you notice your areas of largest congestion?

Ters

I look for crowded stations. The station information window will tell me where the passengers or cargo have trouble getting to. I then look along the route to that station and see if there are trains queueing somewhere. Then I "just" have to find a solution to keep the trains flowing.

WTell

I usually notice through the queues as well. The only difficulty I run into is when the crowded spot happens to be in the middle of a city or in particularly crowded terrain.  Sometimes I end up having to reroute my entire line.  That's what I would want to see congestion for, so I can plan for those difficulties before I build the track. But then again, running into these problems is half the fun!

prissi

The minimap window has several of this informations: First there is the display of vehicles passed on a certain way. Next in the nightlies the network view and the different station options, with visually very easy to spot circles.

WTell

Quote from: prissi on May 06, 2012, 09:18:50 PM
The minimap window has several of this informations: First there is the display of vehicles passed on a certain way. Next in the nightlies the network view and the different station options, with visually very easy to spot circles.

The first tool you reference is the traffic option, right? And the network view sounds exciting. I can't wait to use it