News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Recent posts

Quote from: Ranran(retired) on April 05, 2024, 02:26:44 PMBut for some reason I was not able to properly incorporate dr_get_system_font() in my environment.

I don't understand why this function doesn't work with the same code as standard.
It turns out that this is due to C++20 being a requirement. I was able to compile correctly with git action.
There is currently a problem with initial font retrieval as this cannot be tested properly.
Quote from: jamespetts on April 07, 2024, 07:46:38 PMFor reference, when I paused the process, I got the following stack trace: void display_fillbox_wh_clip_rgb() < void gui_colored_route_bar_t::draw() < void gui_container_t::draw() (line 262) < void gui_aligned_container_t::draw() (line 587) < void gui_container_t::draw() (line 262) and so on, repeating a number of times moving between lines 587 and 262.
Thank you for the testing.
The bb server saves could not be opened in the debug build, but I think I fixed the cause of the problem based on the information given.
It would be helpful if you could test it again.
Thank you very much for this, and apologies for not having had the chance to look into this sooner. I have found what appears to be an error with this, which is that we appear to get an infinite loop originating in GUI code in this saved game when selecting the line, "!# Strawerdale Crude" belonging to the company "BR Summerisle Region" in the lines dialogue with the "stops" tab open. I had previously clicked on a number of the same company's other lines with the "stops" tab open when this occurred. 

For reference, when I paused the process, I got the following stack trace: void display_fillbox_wh_clip_rgb() < void gui_colored_route_bar_t::draw() < void gui_container_t::draw() (line 262) < void gui_aligned_container_t::draw() (line 587) < void gui_container_t::draw() (line 262) and so on, repeating a number of times moving between lines 587 and 262.

I should be grateful if you could look into this before I merge this. Thank you.
Pak128 / Re: Pak128 cost balance, speed...
Last post by prissi - April 07, 2024, 02:02:31 PM
The ships have been rebalanced. Especially the larger ships were too cheap to run. At least 50% filling is needed to turn a profit. You can check the ferries.xlsx in the github sources.
Tools / Re: DAT to CSV convertor
Last post by prissi - April 07, 2024, 02:00:44 PM
I have updated the script to generate real csv with a freight entry as well.
Quote from: Ranran(retired) on March 28, 2024, 10:56:06 PMPull request #647 incorporates some recent commits from standard.
Anti-aliased fonts are an important innovation in Simutrans, and I decided to move forward with the goal of incorporating them into extended.
This work is divided into three parts.
(1) PR#647 std-2403 branch
(2) PR#648 std-r10996 branch
(3) std-r11091-aliasing-fonts branch

(1) and (2) can already be tested.
(1) has not changed significantly.
(2) Banner design will be changed. Although translation additions and changes are required, most of the terms are common to the Standard.
(3) includes font improvements as already reported, there may be missing commits, and needs to be properly tested in many environments.
Patches & Projects / Re: Use Fontconfig for font au...
Last post by prissi - April 06, 2024, 01:46:44 PM
Strange, why does it picks a chinese font for Japanese. It works but is not the nicest choice. But then, on windows it should pick the current windows system font which matches the current language anyway.
Pak64 / Re: no_trees simuconf entry ov...
Last post by prissi - April 06, 2024, 01:39:35 PM
Valid suggestion, incorporated. Also no_lakes does the same, I think.
Last post by Roboron - April 06, 2024, 09:49:51 AM
We could add priority to bold fonts, but I guess that's a matter of taste.
Last post by Andarix - April 06, 2024, 07:35:31 AM
Quote from: Roboron on April 05, 2024, 08:41:49 PM...
For Japanese on Windows 11 it picks msjh.ttc

The bold fonts (msjhbd.ttc [JhengHei] or msyhbd.ttc [YaHei]) have better contrast.

I use msyhbd.ttc [YaHei] on Windows 10 for more years.