News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Latest Simutrans crashes with Pak64 (Mac)

Started by passengerpigeon, May 12, 2017, 12:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

Hello all,
Today, I decided to download the latest version of Simutrans in order to try out Pak128. After putting SDL 2.0 in my frameworks folder, the game ran fine, but I was disappointed by the lack of early-game vehicles and replaced Pak128 with the latest Pak64. This crashed on startup just after the loading screen appeared, giving me the following error:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000009

Do you know how I can resolve this?
Thanks,
Passengerpigeon.

An_dz

Unfortunately this error does not say much, it just says that somewhere the game has tried to access a wrong memory.

Does this only happen with pak64?

When does it crash? Right when you try to run the game? When you click to load pak64? When you try to create a new map?

Also, please state your version number. Sometimes people say "latest" but it's not true, they just think they are.

Anyway, run Simutrans with the terminal as "simutrans -log 3". Simutrans should save a file called simu.log in the same folder it saves settings and savegames. This file might at least give us a better hint where it's failing.

passengerpigeon

Quote from: An_dz on May 13, 2017, 09:03:19 PM
Does this only happen with pak64?
Yes, or at least Pak128 and Pak128.Germany both work.
When does it crash? Right when you try to run the game? When you click to load pak64? When you try to create a new map?
When I try to start the game, the loading screen appears for one second and then the game crashes.
Also, please state your version number. Sometimes people say "latest" but it's not true, they just think they are.
120.1.3 for the game, the pak doesn't state a version but I downloaded it from the official source the same day I created this thread.
Anyway, run Simutrans with the terminal as "simutrans -log 3". Simutrans should save a file called simu.log in the same folder it saves settings and savegames. This file might at least give us a better hint where it's failing.
What has changed in Pak64 since mid-2014 (when I got my current copy)? If there's not much new content/optimisation it won't be worth getting this working.

Ters

Quote from: passengerpigeon on May 14, 2017, 07:49:50 AM
120.1.3 for the game, the pak doesn't state a version but I downloaded it from the official source the same day I created this thread.

That's not the latest version of Simutrans! There are multiple newer versions. The error might be because you are using a too new version of pak64 for that version.