News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Industry Chain?

Started by sweitx, November 14, 2008, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweitx

It has been a long time since I played this game.  So I'm wondering where are the coal mine and steel industry?

sojo

Hi sweitx.

Simutrans have climate zones. I think a coal mine will be not build in all zones.

Maybe you don't know that we have startyears now.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

sweitx

Okay... new question.  Is the "Use Chronology..." the start year you're talking about?  If I didn't select it (keep the checkbox clear), will I get industry from all era?

Btw, how do I change the climate thing faster (it's a tedious waiting for a number to go from 0 to 1000).

Combuijs

QuoteIs the "Use Chronology..." the start year you're talking about?

Yes

QuoteBtw, how do I change the climate thing faster (it's a tedious waiting for a number to go from 0 to 1000).

Climates in Simutrans are determined by height, e.g. every height has its own climate (apart from underground levels...). Heights are low numbers (0-10?), so I think you are doing something wrong here. Did you read the starters manual? (See this topic http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=481.0)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

sweitx

The problem I'm having is that the climate tabs default to 2000+.  I'm trying to figure out a faster way to lower them.

sojo

If I rember right, that problem is the default.sve. Search at the Simutrans-Folder and than delete this file.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

sweitx

Oh that worked.  Thank you!