News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Pak64.19th Century.Experimental

Started by Bernd Gabriel, May 24, 2009, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd Gabriel

The 1st version of the simutrans experimental enhanced 19th Century pak (165KB) is now available!

For Simutrans Experimental Versions after 3.14 you might want to use 19th Century pak after 3.14 (164KB). It comes with correct sized fixed maintenance costs.

If you are interested in the sources including MakeObj.exe, which produces the correct sized fixed maintenance costs, download 19th Century pak sources including MakeObj.exe (511KB) or 19th Century pak sources without MakeObj.exe (327KB).

The sources include .xls sheets with all relevant attributes for creating .dat files.
The journey is the reward!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

Question: is this a packSet? :)

If so, we need to move it to Other PackSets board *and* include it at www.simutrans.com (besides following some standards for better public access).

jamespetts

I think that it's a branch of Pak64...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Bernd Gabriel

Pak64.19th Century.Experimental is an extension only. It adds european steam locos from the beginning (~1830) to the end of the steam area in the middle of the 20th century. It includes suitable passenger and post waggons as well. Additionally there are series of tank and steel waggons for the whole period since 1830.

Unfortunately the painter (Raven) disappeared and with him the 3D model sources of the .pngs before I ended with balancing the .dat files. Thus the only sources I can offer are .png and .dat files.

Furthermore I will offer the .xls files, I created to generate the .dat files. They are extensions of the excel sheet, Raven gave me some years ago. I added a button and some code to write the .dat file. They can create experimental and standard simutrans .dat files.

jamespetts

Bernd,

thank you for the helpful information :-) Might I ask, for the purposes of updating the information in this thread, under what licence are the sources released, and where can they be downloaded? This does indeed seem to be a most worthwhile extension for Pak64 - thank you for releasing it!

Bernd Gabriel

All sources are available under the Artistic Licence.

I just uploaded them (see links in above 1st post).

jamespetts

Thank you for the update: I have updated the information on the stickied thread to match.

Morg

Looks good, but RIV tanker wagons have the maximum weight of 120-130t, while the maximum supported weight on tracks is 110t.

Either the weight of wagon must be decreased or weight limit of some tracks must be increased.

Bernd Gabriel

@Morg: thanks for the hint.

I've googled a bit and found the technical specification of interoperability relating to the subsystem 'rolling stock — freight wagons' of the trans-European conventional rail system.

It classifies lines by maximum load (section 4.2.3.2. on pages 41f) and annex D lists maximum axle loads @ some geometric parameters of the wagons (pages 212ff).

Assuming a wagon of maximum size like our tankers (about 20m): max. weight for line classes D4 (axle load 22.5t, mass per length 8t/m) = 140t, for C3 (axle load 20t, mass per length 7.2t/m) = 128t.

@Track manufacturers: Might it be possible to build tracks up to 120 km/h and up to class C3 or D4? Some oil companies would be very grateful ...

Morg

I also noticed that many default Pak64 vehicles go way over that 110t limit. Increasing maximum weight to 130t at least for some tracks (wooden sleeper?) seems to be a good idea.

However, there is one steam locomotive that weights 173t!