News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Getting a Seed from a Saved Game

Started by KneeOn, June 02, 2014, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KneeOn

Hi there, I have a quick question - how do I get the seed number of the map from a game i've saved (and since lost the the seed number for?)

I've tried loading the map in question then making a new game which gave me the previous new game, not the previous loaded game.

Ta

Sam

jamespetts

I do not think that this datum is stored, I am afraid. I am moving this to the help requests forum, as this aspect of the game is handled in the same way in Standard as Experimental, and the Standard people might be able to give a more definitive answer.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

KneeOn

Quote from: jamespetts on June 02, 2014, 06:22:20 PM
I do not think that this datum is stored, I am afraid. I am moving this to the help requests forum, as this aspect of the game is handled in the same way in Standard as Experimental, and the Standard people might be able to give a more definitive answer.

James, thanks for moving it. The searches i found said that if you load the game up then start a new game, the map seed for the saved game will be carried to the new game dialogue - i thought perhaps you had changed seed generation in exp.

I don't think it's stored unless it happens to be in the save game file - in which case a hex editor and some sort of location would be needed for me to find it but I think the save file changes with each pak type?

An_dz

No, the save format is the same no matter the pakset. You can save the savegames as XML that are way larger but "readable" (I can understand some things), what you're looking for might be at the top of the file where all settings are stored.