News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Unable to use other pak sets than pak128.britain, pak64

Started by taq, May 20, 2010, 04:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taq

Hey :)

I tried to install pak128, but Simutrans does not show it in the pakset selection window when i'm starting the program.

pak64 and pak128.britain are working. Both were installed via Ubuntu Software Center, pak128 was installed by copying the files into the Simutrans folder.
Additional copies of pak64 and pak128.britain with different names are playable, but I cannot use other pak sets.
Tested with pak128, pak96.comic and pakHD.

Already installed Simutrans again and downloaded another copy of pak128 to make sure that there are no download errors causing this problem.
Before I re-installed Simutrans, I was able to select pak128, but I got an error ("can't read cityrules.tab").

Using simutrans 102.2.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 and pak128 1.4.6

Terminal output (output for pak96.comic is exactly the same):
tobi@laptop:~$ simutrans -objects pak128/
Reading low level config data ...
parse_simuconf() at config/simuconf.tab: Reading simuconf.tab successful!
Preparing display ...
Screen Flags: requested=10, actual=10
Loading font 'font/prop.fnt'
font/prop.fnt successfully loaded as old format prop font!
Init done.
Reading compatibility sound data ...
Loading BDF font 'font/Prop-Latin1.bdf'
Unexpected character (255) for 255 character font!
Loading BDF font font/Prop-Latin1.bdf with 255 characters
Reading city configuration ...
FATAL ERROR: stadt_t::init()
Can't read cityrules.tab

Thanks in advance!

Lmallet

Quote from: taq on May 20, 2010, 04:17:15 PM
pak64 and pak128.britain are working. Both were installed via Ubuntu Software Center, pak128 was installed by copying the files into the Simutrans folder.
When you say you copied to the Simutrans folder, did you copy it to a folder called pak128 in the Simutrans folder (which should work), or did you simply copy it in the root (which does not work)?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

VS

Ahhhh... I think I see what is going on :P Pak128 (and all sourceforge downloads) is archived so that unpacking gives you simutrans/pak128. So if you put the archive into your simutrans folder (root, as lmallet called it) and unpack, you get (your-simutrans-root)/simutrans/pak128 and it will not be found.

edit: to clarify a bit - what you must have is roughly:
(your-simutrans)/simutrans (the executable)
(your-simutrans)/pak128/ground.Outside.pak (and all the other pak-files and subfolders)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jonasbb

taq is using an Ubuntu 10.04. The executable will be placed at a different place as the paksets.
I cannot lokk at the moment where the error could be. Because I had first to install the simutrans packetes from the repo.

taq

I just found the problem, I forgot to add read / write permissions for all other users so only root could read / write the files.
Therefore Simutrans could not load the files because it is not run as root.
pak128 and pak96.comic are working now.

stmaker

Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

jonasbb

There is not installer for Linux.

And the Debian repositories have the problems that there are only open-source paksets. SO other pakset have to be placed manualy.

maanlicht

I have to thank the people in this post as I have been scratching my head trying to get around a manual install of paks for about 6 mounths.

Ok my fault as I should have asked ages ago but like some linux users who try and learn by sorting the problem themselves but who just need to be given a clue to help resolve it.

I myself like pak128.

So thanks for the tips in this post guys - than you most sincerley.

Praise for simutrans

maan