News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Buildings ideas

Started by kd85, August 06, 2017, 11:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd85

Hi, I spent weeks playing Simutrans (great job everybody!) so I decided to share a few drawings I had made meanwhile.

They don't fit on the 1x1 tiles but I tried to keep the scale of storeys so this is how it went out. Needless to say, they are actual Eastern European buildings (year of appearance is in each filename). Feel free to comment and/or make any use of it as I don't reserve any copyrights.

The pack of single images, if you like.

sheldon_cooper

Mandatoryly, these properties could be a tourist attraction, being in a mair form than 1x1 pictures, but there is a debate about this in this topic:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=17297.msg164904;topicseen#msg164904

gauthier

Nice graphics, great job ! Unfortunately, as far as I know, multiple tiles citybuildings are not possible yet, so only 1x1 buildings can become citybuildings. In simutrans'addons, the most difficult part is making the graphics, and you have almost done it. You should take a look at how to write .dat files and compile .pak files to make actual addons. Here is the tutorial I wrote some years ago, there are also informations about addon making on the Simutrans'wiki.

Vladki

Very nice. One of them looks like a house in which I lived for a few years.

Perhaps, you could cut, at least some of them to be separate 1x1 buildings. Then using the clusters in .dat file would help them appear next to each other.

kd85

Thanks for kind comments!

I gathered my previously posted 1x1 pictures and wrote the .dat files for them. Here they are.

Perhaps they could be used in the pak128 instead of compiling them to separate addons?

gauthier

Your buildings are nice.

Regarding pak128, it is already very heavy, especially with residential blocks from Fabio (million versions of the same building, each time with different color or different this or different that :p ). It needs a proper revision of its citybuildings first. Anyway, thanks a lot for your proposal.