News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

What is your Simutrans Transportation Network ?

Started by Aristide, April 29, 2014, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristide

Hi ! What is your Simutrans Transportation Network ? I have 81 Bus lines divide by three catgories :

→ LP___ (« Lignes Principales » in French, or « Main buslines » in English). LP lines link all trains stations to other citys. Many LP lines has an Express (LPExxx). My transport network has 51 LP Lines
→ LLD___ (« Lignes Longue Distance » in French, or « Long Way Busline » in English). All LLD lines has been removed and replaced by trains or Trams. My transport network has 0 LLD lines actually.
→ LS___ (« Lignes Secondaires » in French, or « Secondary Lines » In English) don't link  trains stations, but strengthens LP lines. My Network has 18 LS lines.
→ C__-__ (« City ») are City Internal Bus Lines. Many Cxx-xx lines are not very profitables (but with 56% of margins is not very a problem xD)

This bus network is strenghtens by many trams, trains, and subways.

→ T___ (« Train » lines) are main Train lines. My network has 7 T lines.
→ TR___ (« TRam » lines) are main Tram Lines. My network has 8 trams lines.
→ SE___ (« Super Express » lines) is my Subway Network. I have actually 3 subways Lines. But trains are very expensive x) (2 295.760¢ / train : 370km/h) and cost 10.48¢ / km.

My network :

With Zoom :

So, for monney, I get 1 669 500 ¢ / month xD

gauthier

In my current savegame, my network serves the whole map though some cities are still isolated, mostly in the south-western part of the map.

The general layout of the map is divided into four regions, the main central one with the biggest city as core, connected to three regions with high speed trains (currently TGV PSE, 270 km/h) or less fast trains (SBB CFF FFS Re6/6 with DEV inox cars, 150 km/h).

The central region has three main stations around its capital city. These stations are conected with an underground network for long, and more recently by suburban trains which go through the city between the western suburb and the eastern one or between the southern one and the eastern one. There are also some regional lines which still have one of these big stations as terminus.

Decades ago, very nice steam trains travelled from the central region to the south-western one. Now, double units of TGV do this job. The main city of the south-western region got a metro too, three regional lines serve this region. There are more cities southward which are about to be reached by the network.

The southern continent is connected to the central region by an undersea tunnel. There are two main cities and three stations which TGV stop at. Two regional lines run between the two main cities, a third one should appear imminently to serve the northern towns of this region.

Not much to say about the western region, the intercity from the central one stops at two stations before the bigger town which has a nice tram instead of the usual metros.

Anyway, Aristide, si les réseaux t'intéressent, il y a un sujet avec de beaux plans de réseaux dans la section française du forum ;)

IgorEliezer

O.O

I think one or two of these maps, or something like these, should be featured on our sites. IMHO.

Aristide

Do you use trolleybuses ? I use lot Of cristalis ETB18 (TCL (Lyon) network use same vehicles). So m'y south east isolate city is serve by LP181 bus line with trolleybus (lot Of trolleybus <3). What fort "181" ? :3
Because its the first busline from the 8th gare station from the first train line. (lp<number of associated train><number of associated train station><number of busline for this station>)

(Gautier je prend note ;), merci ^^)

gauthier

I never use neither trolleybuses, nor suspended monorails, and very rarely trams ... because I forget about using them XD I usually serve interior of towns with buses first, then, if a line is completely saturated, I build one or two underground lines and re-arrange the whole bus network of the town around the stations of this line (if I don't do that, passengers don't use the underground enough and easily take silly paths).

Aristide

Lol OK. I only use underground for undersea paths (example i have a big underground path for link an island go main network. Actually « Rouvier-les-nouilles » is serve by trolleybus under sea x) 

gauthier

I just got to serve south-western towns of my map :

Using entirely class Z5300 from an overcrowded line of the central region which got brand new class Z5600. You can also see a line going northward over the sea to the Western region, this high speed line about to enter service aims at relieving Centre - South West TGV line.

Aristide

OK :) Actually make my network from scratch. After selling all buses trolleybuses tramways and trains and destruct all bus stop "out Of city", I extand m'y subway network. Now I have 8 subways llines and I plan to add 2 new lines

EDIT :

My new subway Network count 9 subway lines (370km/h per train), with rails limited to 400km/h. If I get enought money after work, I plan to replace all trains by full 400km/h :)

But Actually is :
→ One train cost 2.606.560¢ and 11.56¢ / km (I plan to buy more than 10 trains xD)
→ One rail cost 2.300 ¢ (and 66¢ / month) + for cable : 600¢ (and 20¢ / month) = 602,3¢ and 86¢ / month
→ One square of train station cost : 1.200¢ (and 72¢ / month)
→ And One signal cost 500¢.

My cash :

I have enought money for finish ^^

EDIT² :

If you want, my old Network can be download here : http://asn.strangled.net/share/Ff_Nv1JaFHMn-rtv/simutrans/

goodnight033

I started my save from scratch, so I just create cities as I play along with random names.

I won't mention/explain my save in details as they're in the other thread.

How it works:
My network is divided mainly into a few categories:
Local:  Trains on tram tracks (highly-developed cities); light-rail/tramway (medium usage); double decker buses (low usage); buses (rural regions)
Intra-city:  Underground/commuter railways
Inter-city (as of connecting nearby cities):  Commuter railways/National Rail
Inter-city (long distance):  Cross Country services
Far distance (crossing a few regions):  Planes/maglev

The disadvantage of this network is that the tracks are easily clogged as I mix up Cross Country and commuter railways along the same route (sometimes different tracks) but it really limit how I can alter the schedule of the train to improve efficiency, but it resembles the reality. 

Northwest is more crowded as it developed first in the game (I expanded the map as I play)

goodnight033

Quote from: gauthier on June 03, 2014, 05:39:21 PM
What a mess, does this really works ?  :o

It does, when I built Kingston I do have an obsession to make it as complex as possible so that it 'pretends' to be some sort of world city, it works as it puts passengers onto their most direct route and without overcrowding it. (Just being weird me :P )

It seems like a mess but I operate the railways somehow using a hub to spoke system. I have a few 'railports' acts as a massive station, then it diverge onto smaller routes serving smaller cities and towns, while still maintaing the quickest speed to transport passenger/mails.

gauthier

Could you upload your savegame ? (by the way, what pakset is it ?)

goodnight033

Quote from: gauthier on June 03, 2014, 07:36:07 PM
Could you upload your savegame ? (by the way, what pakset is it ?)

It is on here:  http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=13687.0
Pakset is tricky.  For some reason I mixed an old pakbritain and a pak128 together, followed by a mixture of paks from different sources so i can no longer add new pak files into it.  But mostly from the original pak and the Japanese simutrans web.

gauthier

I can't have it loaded, Simutrans crashes with no error message  ??? never mind  :)

mph1977

I tend to use trams  in town  as they seem to be more profitable in the version of simutrans i play  ( buses seem to be harder to get right )  trams are even more profitable if the 'public service'  player provides the lines and catenary  and  the player just provides  the trams and stops

I tend to link  towns with rail lines  although occasionally i put a tram line / light rail (using 'trams' on rail lines)  or two between two close together towns  and make the 'heavy rail' network focus on links to the other towns

for goods transport  i will use road or rail depending on how the  feel takes me - although for some flows i prefer  dedicated rail lines  - with trucks i also try and have some degree of 'backloading' to minimise 'dead mileage'

thunderkiller1996

I tend to use the following types of vehicle for different types of goods:

-Trains for almost anything (railways make up the majority of my network, though I've started downsizing due to low passenger demand at some stations and the advent of faster buses and trucks). I use normal suburban vehicle types (DMUs for non-electric railways and EMUs for those that are electrified) for small to medium runs, and for the long runs, I use express trains or loco-hauled stock (my first express trains used LMS Class 7P steam engines and LMS express coaching stock for example-several months later I upgraded said line with Class 8P (LMS Coronation Class) engines and Coronation Scot coaches). Trains also make up most of my freight vehicles.
-Trucks for some short-distance freight, and buses for big city work-sometimes combined with trams if things get a bit overcrowded. The amount of trains I've had to put on due to overcrowding has clogged up my system, so I've started diagramming trucks to take over their runs.
-I use airplanes a bit, helps lessen the load on my trains sometimes.
-I sparingly use boats; if a factory chain is near an ocean I'll use boats for that but otherwise it's a train or truck trip.

yorkeiser

Ths is my standard configuration: a main train line (in the picture, the north-south one in brown color) and many train lines departing from its main stations. Every city is connected to one of the stations of secondary train lines by one or more bus lines, based on population and country size of the city

@prissi: very nice job we did with network graph, maybe color cycling could be improved