News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Oldest vehicle in your fleet

Started by passengerpigeon, May 10, 2017, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

Over the last two days, I have been building steam railways in my main savegame to finally replace the slow, packed, bumpy buses that formerly served key intercity routes (I will talk more about my eccentric save later). Since I recently expanded my map, I decided to cascade the old buses down to lines of gradually lesser importance in the "frontier" areas as time goes on. The oldest of these buses is an H-Trans Ikarus built in 1930, and the current year is 1959. 29 years may not be much, but it got me wondering whether other people like to keep vehicles in service for a long time. If so, what is the oldest vehicle currently in service on your map (what year was it built and what year is it now?) Maybe this could become a competition...

Ters

In a map where I have reached 2039 (at which point I stopped playing it), I have buses about 100 years old. At that point, you no longer get new models anyway, so as long as passengers numbers don't keep rising, there is no incentive to replace them. In the latter case, I might replace them, but rather than scrap them, I use them for a new line where newer buses are too big. This particular bus is actually obsolete, but the newer models are not better suited for the task anyway. I also have non-obsolete vehicles that aren't much younger. For trains, it is not actually unrealistic either. Locomotives from the fifties are still very much in use, even in western Europe. And there is no indication that they are going to be replaced in the near future.

ROCAMBOLER529

1 month ago i was looking to changes my Passenger horse carriage because i need to put trains in the same line. The year was 1837.8 and i start the world in 1400.1. I cant belive that this Passenger horse was the first vehicle that i create in the world (1400.1) and i was very surprised because this vehicle had 437 years in the route and Ive never had a vehicle with the same time. When i create the world i choose the tempered weather and i was starting the world with $200.000,00, when i reached the 1837.8, i was getting $538.786.091,45 with 1236 Passengers horse carriages and 867 Yoke of two oxen.

Srry 4 my English - ROCAMBOLER529
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)