News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bankruptcy in server games

Started by zook2, December 12, 2011, 02:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

Hi,

I had a lot of fun playing on 128.entropy.uk, but my company went bankrupt. The first time it happened when I was playing (I borrowed too heavily to expand my airline). But the last (the third) time the company was liquidated while I was offline and while it should have made about 15,000 in profits per month. I don't remember my net worth when I logged off, but I felt the firm was healthy and I don't know what finally caused the bankruptcy. The rule still is that you can't have negative net worth for more than 3 months in a row, right?

Also, would it be possible to include some information about reasons for liquidation in the log?

Dwachs

It is not obvious to determine what are the reasons for bankruptcy :/ There could be a lot of reaons:

It could be stop of production of some industry branch due to failure of an opponent who did not deliver necessary goods.

Traffic jam prohibiting any crucial delivery in the network.

A deadlock in a train network.

Over the years the vehicles were not fast enough anymore to get the same revenue for the same goods (speed bonus).

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Markohs

zook, the only value you can count in for not going bankrupt is financial margin, I'm on that game too, and you had too much infrastructures to sustain. Minimize what you build, and don't log off while you have negative margin, you'll get bankrupt the sooner or the later.