News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

privatecar.tab changes

Started by Vladki, March 11, 2018, 01:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello,

I have noticed that the test game with swedish pakset does not start any more. After running with debug it complained about privatecar.tab. So I have checked, and found that british pakset is using new format of privatecar.tab introduced here:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=16979.msg164240#msg164240

swedish pakset has no privatecar.tab at all, so I have copied the new file to ~/simutrans/config/ (i.e. the pakset independent config), overwriting the old one, but it did not help. Only after putting the file to ~/simutrans/pak128.sweden/config/ it worked again.

Is that intended? Should not this file work from the common config? Should it be uploaded to simutrans-extended repository?

jamespetts

Hmm - that is odd: loading Pak128.Sweden-Ex does not give me an error. Can you tell me what error message(s) that you got and at what point during the loading process? It should be possible to have a pakset with no privatecar.tab, which will simply use a generic default value.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on March 11, 2018, 02:56:38 PM
Hmm - that is odd: loading Pak128.Sweden-Ex does not give me an error. Can you tell me what error message(s) that you got and at what point during the loading process? It should be possible to have a pakset with no privatecar.tab, which will simply use a generic default value.

It says this:

Reading menu configuration ...
Warning: tool_t::init_menu():   wrong cursor (14) given for general_tool[26]
Warning: tool_t::init_menu():   wrong cursor (15) given for general_tool[29]
Warning: tool_t::read_menu():   toolbar[11][5]: replaced way-builder(id=14) with default param=cityroad by cityroad builder(id=36)
Reading private car ownership configuration ...
Message: stadt_t::privatecar_init():    Error opening config/privatecar.tab.
Will use default values.
Midi disabled ...
Calculating textures ...done
World destroyed.
Warning: karte_t::load: Fileversion: 120004
Message: nwc_auth_player_t::init_player_lock_server:    new = 32767
Segmentation fault

I have tried removing privatecar.tab completely, and it gives the same error.

jamespetts

The message,

Will use default values.
[/quote]

is consistent with the intended handling of missing private car data. The segmentation fault occurs at a later time in the loading process (although if you find that adding privatecar.tab fixes this, then this may well be related to private cars). Can you upload the saved game in which the segmentation fault can be reproduced on loading (and also the pakset version in which this occurs)?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

It is the Swedish online game, with nightly Swedish pakset.

jamespetts

I have downloaded the latest nightly Swedish pakset, however, I have not been able to connect to the Swedish server as it is not responding. I have not been able to reproduce the crash (confirming that privatecar.tab is absent from ~/config) on the saved games that I have loaded.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for that. I think that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build to confirm.

Vladki

Sorry for delay in testing, but it does not work. This is what I get if I remove privatecar.tab from pakset:

Reading private car ownership configuration ...
Will use default values.
Midi disabled ...
Calculating textures ...done
World destroyed.
Warning: karte_t::load: Fileversion: 120004
Message: nwc_auth_player_t::init_player_lock_server:    new = 32767
Segmentation fault

And the same I get if I remove the privatecar.tab from pakset independent config.
Perhaps it affects server binary only

jamespetts

I am afraid that I can no longer reproduce this with the above saved game - can you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced?

Vladki

Ves

Do I need to do something to pak.sweden? Should I copy the privatecar.tab from britain permanently? Reasons I have not done that is I simply have not considered private traffic at all yet.

btw, I cannot connect to any of the two swedish savegames online. It says the games wont respond. Not even connecting manually works.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I think that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the latest version.

Vladki

Now it seems to be fixed. Thank you James.

The other swedish server was running just temporarily so that I did not have to stop the main one.