Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[11.35]Change schedule have to be clicked twice

Started by pwhk, October 02, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwhk

1. Choose a convoy
2. Press Schedule button
3. Change its route
4. The convoy remain stopped, saying loading 0:00, and only fixed by clicking on Schedule again

It happened on my new game but not a loaded game.

zook2

That happened to me many times with all kinds of vehicles, although I can't say under which circumstances.

DrSuperGood

Also after schedule changes convoys can initiate remote loading from time to time. For example a train nearby a station will suddenly start loading in the middle of the tracks. Or a ship near a port (but not touching) suddenly starts loading. Only happens after a schedule change. Some times when this occurs the above problem also occurs and the convoy remains stuck trying to load until you change its schedule again.

dschr

Hello,

i am still on Philip's Berlin branch
https://github.com/pipcet/simutrans-experimental/tree/berlin
and i wasn't able to reproduce this bug. Everything worked as it should. So maybe this bug was fixed since the release 11.35

zook2

dschr

Oh i am sorry if the sentence had a different meaning than i purposed. English is a foreign language to me and unfortunately i still make a lot of mistakes. But at least i am willing to improve it. Feel free to correct me, this actually would help me.
To explain my sentence: It seems to me that this bug was fixed in the time between the release of version 11.35 and the version on github. So probably updating your game to the recent github version (you can find it with the link i sent to you in the previous message) could fix your problem. But be aware that this opens Pandora's Box: You will may solve this bug, but a lot new ones will occur.

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing older bug reports, and it seems that many bug reports from late 2014 were not looked into because I was moving house at the time. Can I ask whether this issue can be reproduced in the current Simutrans-Extended nightly builds?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

I believe that changing convoy schedules can occasionally yield a persistent 'Loading 0:00' display, which doesn't go away. It doesn't happen every time. You can get around it by opening the convoy's schedule window again, which always gets it to move.

jamespetts

Hmm - these sort of intermittent bugs are fantastically difficult to fix because the usual way of finding the cause of them is to reproduce it occurring and set a breakpoint in the code at exactly the point of occurrence so that one can see precisely what path that the code follows and precisely the value of all relevant variables as it occurs.

If anyone can find a way of being able to reproduce this reliably, I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.