News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Search function in SimuTranslator

Started by Color42, November 07, 2008, 01:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Color42

Hi, guys

I have a question inregards to Simutranslator, I have almost completed the base text for swedish its 94% now if I remeber right.
How ever there are a few glitches that I need to workout like lenght of text in some area's and so on.
What I'm wondering is if there is a search funtion I can use to find my way to a specific pice of text?
As it is now I'm not 100% on how to find my way around the diffrent texts.

So yesterday I started on sorting out the text's and since I couldnt find a search option for specific pices of text I'm havening trouble finding my way back to parts that I need to change/fix.
I try'ed to just edit the sv.tab with a regular word editor where you have the "find" option, but once I saved it and try'ed to get Simutrans to read the file it wound't.
I guess the check sums didnt match or maybe the word editor saved it in the wrong format?

So I'm wondering is there any tool I can use offline to edit/search the text's or is there a feature in the online version that could help me out.
How have the rest of the translation teams worked around this issue?

Color42

Edit:
If there is no search function could it possible be a feature request for the translation tool or would it mean to much coding work?
Never Stand Down

Frank

untranslating texts list under 'Browse Texts -> List un-Translated Texts'

I have your rights so that you can upload texts.

prissi

I would suggest to send the file me for upload, since I do usually some sanity checks and archive the old version. After Upload, simutranslator will show the missing translation under browse text.

Color42

Ok, guys let just recap to make sure I got it right.
I can edit it offline and then send it to Prissi to merge with the rest of the translations?
And if I would upload a text my self wouldnt it cause the same problem I had when it wouldnt read the file?

Thanks In advance
Never Stand Down

prissi

If you have any doubts it is probably easiest to go via me or Frank.