News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[devel-new-2] Mixing track circuit block with absolute block and time interval w

Started by Ves, January 13, 2017, 01:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

As an experiment, I have mixed Track Circuit Block, Absolute Block and Timeinterval with Telegraph on one of the lines on the swedish server as I was interrested to know how they would work together.

Look at the line between Träslövsläge and Brändön.
Apparently, there are some issues mixing track circuit block with absolute block and telegraph. It is quite difficult to describe what is happening, but it appears that the trains occasionally gets stuck at the last track circuit block signal before the choose signal (which is absolute block) and attempts to reserve a path to an empty platform. This create a deadlock. However, by resolving that reservation, the other trains drives directly through the stuck train. If you mess about with its schedule, you might be able to get it moving again. This happens all over the line with all the trains as far as I can see.

This is tested with the newest version (currently 249e6ca76e5bb3956d08ba518a0756f9038ed517)

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. The trouble with referring to a game on the server as the reference for reproducing problems is that the state of that game changes since the report was made making it uncertain whether the problem can be reproduced.

Are you able to upload the game in a state where this can be reproduced, together with describing the steps necessary to reproduce it from the state of that saved game?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Ok, sorry about that. It is just very convenient and easy to point to a general behavior on the server, however, I have here a savegame:

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Track_circuit_block_issues_-_TimeTel-Abso-Trackcirc_1.sve

Somethings have changed in their behavior but there are still some issues:

There is a train atereing Träslövsläge from the north.
Look at the train that is waiting to depart from Träslövsläge to head in the north direction.
When the track is clear, a reservation will be made at the choose signal at the next station (Träslövsläge External Station) onto the platform, however, there will be no reservation from the departure station and on the line.

Ves

I dont know if you have worked on this, but this seems to have been resolved now! Great work! :)

jamespetts

I did fix this - I seem to have forgotten to post about it, or perhaps I posted this in the wrong thread. In any event, thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.