News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Just when one problem is fixed, another one takes off

Started by fam621, January 18, 2017, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

Welcome to the world of software development :p

Anyway, we'll need a saved game where it can be reproduced.

fam621

Give me your email address so I can email it to you. :)

Rollmaterial

I don't work on the code myself, right now only James does. Also, just in case someone else wants to help, I'd suggest you upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive for example so everyone can have a look at it.

By the way, out of bounds errors are the most common type of crash-causing bugs and are rather easy to fix when you have a game where they can be reliably reproduced, so sending the saved game with the report should be standard procedure for them ;)

fam621

The link to the .sve: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy63vjRdV2_RWU4X01Rc0h2ZTA. Go to Applingcaster North Junction and delete the whole up junction in the southbound direction and you'll get your crash.

jamespetts

Splendid - a saved game and a description of how to reproduce the crash: that is just what is needed in a bug report. Because of that information, I have been able to reproduce and fix the problem. Sorry that you have had trouble.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

It has not been uploaded to the devel new builds yet.