News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

inconsistent distant signals

Started by Vladki, July 06, 2016, 08:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Connect to the server.exp.simutrans.com, and watch the two trains running between Trnava and Nemcanka. Focus on the signals around road crossing at Trnava New Cemetery. When the second train approaches from Trnava, the distant shows clear, but the main signal is at danger.

A bit unrelated - signals facing the other direction are at clear, even if the trains run in the opposite direction. But that may be fixed if proper directional reservations are made using longblock signals.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I think that I have fixed that now. Can you re-test?

As for the direction, unidirectional signals are not intended to test for directionality in this way.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Seems OK, server game updated, behaves correctly

EDIT - it is not completely fixed

As the second train approaches the distant signal, it will turn green, while main signal stays at danger.

EDIT2: - last fix for crossings seems to have fixed this bug as well

Ves

I dont know if this is related, but looking at the servergame at the old cemetary, the two signals at each side of the crossing behaves strangely:

The signal facing our way appears to be stuck on green? The signal facing the other way (at the other side of the crossing) appears to go red and green as usual when trains approach.

Vladki

I think it is because the signals are track circuit and default to green if the track ahead is clear. However they are confused by being put on single track line with no directional reservations. Try to replace them with one bidirectional signal, and see if it improves.

jamespetts

Vladki is correct: this is standard behaviour for unidirectional signals on bidirectional track. Using bidirectional (or now longblock) signals will prevent this from occurring.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

I have tried to replace the signals at new cemetery with one bidirectional to see if it behaves correctly, and I got a crash:

FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - 7koord3d: index out of bounds: 68 not in 0..0
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
http://forum.simutrans.com
Neúspěšně ukončen (SIGABRT)

https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/signalplacering.sve
https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/crash.png

The crash happens, when the first train is about to reserve the track in opposite direction.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this; do you care to re-test?

Vladki

Thanks for all the bugfixes ;), now it does not crash, all seems ok, just at some moments the distant signal is clear, when main signal (at cemetery) is at danger. Server game updated (executable, pakset, and the signal at cemetery changed to two-way signal), just watch it for a while.

It seems to happen when the direction changes - the main signal in the opposite direction turns to danger, while the associated distant is left at clear. Rotating the map (not possible in network game) fixes it, while in network game it stays so permanently.

jamespetts

I think that I have been able to find and fix this; do you care to re-test?

Vladki