News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[develnew2 - 636079b] Trains behave strange around time interval signal

Started by Ves, September 06, 2016, 10:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

There is another issue comming from the swedish server.
I sent a very large bunch of trains out at the same time, and they are now holding behind a time interval stop signal. The issue is not the multiple trains on the same tile it self (although, that probably should also not happen) but merely that a train approaching the signal will drive one tile AHEAD of the signal, ie overshoot by one tile. There it will become stuck until you alter its schedule.
The savegame provided shows the pile of trains. To find the issue I described, open the schedule on the first train and close it again. Let it go away and wait for the next train in line to demonstrate the issue.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Bug_Trains_stop_one_tile_after_signal_and_gets_stuck_there.sve
again, the swedish pak

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. This one is quite hard to track down since it is not clear how all the trains come to be on the same tile at once, nor, more importantly, how one of the trains comes to have stopped ahead of the signal, which was what was responsible for the subsequent problematic behaviour. I have modified the code a little, which resolves the deadlock in the saved game, but I am not sure what causes the underlying problem as this has already occurred when the game is loaded.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.