News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Error connecting to server "Not enough bytes transferred"

Started by River, January 11, 2017, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Hi!

Last night my pc died and the resulting power outage took out my server as well. as a result people can't connect to the server any more getting the error "Not enough bytes transferred".
I tryed on my server:
- re downloading the game
- re downloading the pak set
- updating windows
- restoring windows to before the power outage.
- older/new save games of the map  that didn't work.
- other save games (1 with similar size and progression that didn't work, 1 with similar size but less progress/ companies and that did work)
- new games up to size 1500x1500 that did work.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me where the problems is coming from or i'm afraid that the power failing also caused hardware problems to my server.

River

An_dz

Try removing dlgpos.xml and settings.xml. Maybe something corrupt on them? Maybe even default.sve.

River

Quote from: An_dz on January 11, 2017, 08:01:45 PM
Try removing dlgpos.xml and settings.xml. Maybe something corrupt on them? Maybe even default.sve.
i removed it all, it didn't help

i did notis that 1 player was able to connect. goes my the nickname JR (from JR Transport)

TurfIt

Client times out.

Warning: network_receive_file: Timeout during transfer: No error
Warning: network_connect: Not enough bytes transferred

What does the server log say? should be some entries starting with "network_send_data".
Is 3629697 about right for the size?
Can you connect locally? i.e. Across the LAN eliminating ISP/router/etc.
I doubt there's an Simutrans error here, possible your networking equipment took a hit.

DrSuperGood

Timeout during transfer is issued if 1 byte fails to arrive within 10 seconds or some other error occurs. For some reason this is not pushed to the user and instead gets logged with the user receiving the rather unhelpful "Not enough bytes transferred" message. I also think the error code returned is wrong for MSVC (possibly all windows builds?) as it uses strerror(errno) on a function that needs WSAGetLastError on Windows.

The server has symptoms of an unreliable or congested connection. It works, but very slowly to the point that Simutrans times out the transfer.

Try resetting your router (or whatever you use to connect to the internet). Check the traffic flowing through it in case one of your devices is uploading/downloading a lot of data.

River