News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Wait for time error when 2 bus's on either side of the stop.

Started by HarrierST, November 22, 2017, 05:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrierST

I am in 1756 and just learning how to play the game and trying out its features.

Over the last few days I have been looking at scheduling and think I have found a bug.
I downloaded the SVN again yesterday and the problem still remains.

I set up a circular bus route with buses (Hackney Carriages) travelling in reversed directions.

At the first stop. In Line Management I set "Wait for Time" on. and Departures = 41, to give 9:21
minutes wait time.

When running the game:

1. If the stop is completely empty when a bus (A) arrives, it waits for the allocated time - 9:21
mins.

2. If a bus (B) is on the other side of the road and is "waiting for schedule" with 6 mins left to go.
When bus (A) arrives it appears to add the remaining time of bus (B) to its waiting time. (9.21 +
6.00) giving 15.21 mins waiting time.

3. After 6 mins. Bus (B) departs on the other side of the road and bus (C) enters the stop. It was
"waiting for clearance". Bus (A) is now down to 9:00 mins.
Bus (C) gets bus (A)'s remaining time plus its own. (9:21 + 9:00) giving 18:21 mins waiting time.

No other lines used this stop. Which allowed me to observe the behavior.

In more complicated networks, I assume it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. What 
with all the different timings taking place.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. Can you upload the saved game in which you tested for this issue so that I can reproduce it to try find the problem? Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

HarrierST

An attempt to upload the save file.

Edit.

Sorry, I do not have a clue how to link my file to simutrans-germany and then to this forum.  :-[

The save I have has a number of bus's waiting at the stop. In this save the wait time was 19 mins. and I saw waits of over 30 mins.

EDIT - figured how to do it eventually.

DrSuperGood

One can use a free cloud storage site like DropBox to temporarily upload files and make a link to them. There is also some forum dedicated FTP server one can use but I am not entirely sure of it.

Rollmaterial

Quote from: HarrierST on November 23, 2017, 01:13:10 AM
An attempt to upload the save file.

Edit.

Sorry, I do not have a clue how to link my file to simutrans-germany and then to this forum.  :-[

The save I have has a number of bus's waiting at the stop. In this save the wait time was 19 mins. and I saw waits of over 30 mins.
You need to click Choose file and select the file you want to upload. Then you need to enter a username and a password with which you can manage the files you upload. Then click File/s upload. It should display a link to your file. Copy that link here.

wlindley

What would it mean your system cannot "run" Dropbox which is just a website?  If you can view this forum, you can use dropbox.com ... (confused)

HarrierST

wlindley

Please explain how the "Upload Files" button does not work on your system.  I have never installed a program to use the dropbox website to upload and download files, so regardless of whether you use Linux (as I do) or Solaris or anything with a web browser, the dropbox website works.

DrSuperGood

One can upload files to DropBox using the web interface (no application install required). One needs to do so if one has more than one account as the standard app does not support such use case.

HarrierST

I have joined and uploaded the .save file at Simutrans- Germany.

http://www.simutrans-forum.de/mybb/attachment.php?aid=17028

Trial and error - but is that the way to do it.

For info read original and 2nd post.

jamespetts

I have recently (to-day) fixed a bug capable of causing symptoms of this nature. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build to check whether you can still reproduce this issue.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

HarrierST

jamespetts

Thank you for confirming; I think that I have now found and fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.

jamespetts