News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Water as a good

Started by Fabio, February 02, 2009, 11:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Quote from: IgorTekton on February 02, 2009, 10:55:51 AM
As far as I know, coal power stations and some industries need water to work. Today in Simutrans such factories consume water from somewhere I don't know, probably from underground.... ;D

I propose to make water collection stations (either built by the player, either by the game itself when it builds the according industry) along the rivers. OR collecting water (player built collection points) and providing industries with it increases industry production (as electrical power does now).

gerw

A pak set can define the good water and factories producing it.

Fabio

obviously. The idea was for those factories to be placed along rivers or along the shoreline (the latter is already possible, using climate=water, IIRC)

the scope of this thread was to separate this idea of Igor's from a totally different thread...

DirrrtyDirk

But water cannot only be found along rivers and shorelines... what about groundwater for example? Basically such a "water-factory" could be placed pretty much anywhere (based on climate), so it could be included into any pakset (and be made part of any production chain, along with the good "water"). I don't really see any necessary changes to the code for that - it should all be possible right now... or am I missing something?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Water as a resource can be currently done by making it a normal good within industry chains. Personally I am somewhat opposed to including it that way, since transporting water in tankers is somewhat awkward. And making chains too intertwined is not desirable, too.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!