News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

How to draw an object?

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, November 17, 2017, 12:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

Can i draw a vehicle, building or factory using paint? If i had the object drawed, what will i need to do or what tool will i need to use to transform a pain into a simutrans object?!?!
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

jamespetts

The workflow depends on the pakset. For Pak128.Britain, see here and, for a tutorial, here. I am not familiar with the workflow for other paksets - I suggest that you ask in the forum pertaining to the pakset that you wish to assist in developing.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ROCAMBOLER529

But what happen if the object that i can creates will be on pak64?

Leartin

Once you have a graphic, you need to write a dat-file with all the informations about the object your graphic is supposed to represent, as well as defining which graphic to use for what (eg. for vehicles, define which graphic shows which direction).
If you go to one of the public pakset repositories (eg https://sourceforge.net/p/simutrans/code/HEAD/tree/pak64/) you can look at existing images and dat files. Probably the easiest way to start out is taking an existing dat-file of an object similar to yours and change name + graphics definition to get your object in the game. If you succeed, you can then alter other information about the object to fit your need.

ROCAMBOLER529

Quote from: Leartin on November 17, 2017, 05:00:45 AM
Once you have a graphic, you need to write a dat-file with all the informations about the object your graphic is supposed to represent, as well as defining which graphic to use for what (eg. for vehicles, define which graphic shows which direction).
If you go to one of the public pakset repositories (eg https://sourceforge.net/p/simutrans/code/HEAD/tree/pak64/) you can look at existing images and dat files. Probably the easiest way to start out is taking an existing dat-file of an object similar to yours and change name + graphics definition to get your object in the game. If you succeed, you can then alter other information about the object to fit your need.

Very Useful!!! i like that!! but i need to open or download any file or i need to open an specific file for a specific object, eg, A new factory in the factory files?!?!