News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Language in PAK64-163

Started by Colin, June 30, 2009, 09:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

It seems that PAK64-163 has all it's factory listed in German. Is there an English translation available. Yes, I have clicked English in the language settings.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

prissi

Please check on simutranslator. English translators are usually very lazy and a lot of factories are simply not translated.

Colin

Quote from: prissi on July 02, 2009, 10:04:17 AM
Please check on simutranslator. English translators are usually very lazy and a lot of factories are simply not translated.

Ha Ha Prissi, The English have always been a lazy lot. However, this is strange when there has always been an English translation. Do they have to be retranslated after every update?
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

prissi

No, but which entries are missing a translation? Alle the new powerstations were "just" added with 101 and have not been touched by translators since then, aparantly.

Colin

Quote from: prissi on July 02, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
No, but which entries are missing a translation? Alle the new powerstations were "just" added with 101 and have not been touched by translators since then, aparantly.

Virtually everything. I was going to show a screenshot of the Factory Builder menu, but for some other strange reason the 'Additional Options' on this board only show 'Notify Me' 'Return to this topic' and 'Don't use smileys'. 

Thought for the day

prissi

YOu are sure you have not selected the (untranslated) object tab? To see the translated names, you need the translation tab ...

Colin

Quote from: prissi on July 02, 2009, 08:28:06 PM
YOu are sure you have not selected the (untranslated) object tab? To see the translated names, you need the translation tab ...

Sorry I'm not with you there. I clicked on a Printing Works  and it's suppliers and consumers were all in German, as in Buchgrosshandel, Papierfabrik, Buecher. The Chemical Plant had: Oelfeld,  Oelbohrinsel and Druckel. I could go on, but you get the idea.

In the Factory Builder in Speciaol Construction Tools, almost everything was in German.

This is plain PAK64-163 as downloaded from Werners site www.simutrans.com and a clean install running under Simutrans-Experimental 4.4

Thought for the day

wernieman

Sorry, but http://www.simutrans.com  ist not from me!
I hope you understand my English

Colin

Quote from: wernieman on July 03, 2009, 06:52:03 AM
Sorry, but http://www.simutrans.com  ist not from me!

Hi Werner, I thought your nightlys were on this site. It also has your name at the bottom. Do I have the name of the url wrong, It's where I always download my nightlys from . Oh I see I missed germany off. it should have read http://simutrans-germany.com

Thought for the day

wernieman

I hope you understand my English

Colin

Thought for the day

Colin

Quote from: Colin on July 03, 2009, 08:43:45 PM
Doesn't help with my problem though, does it?

Thanks Prissi, I thought that might be the case. So now I need to put in a request to the developers to make it so that this can be reversed, if possible.

Thought for the day