News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Location in code for checking elevated ways and upgrading buildings

Started by jamespetts, April 28, 2012, 11:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I am considering implementing a feature in Experimental that would disallow building elevated ways over buildings of over a certain level (the threshold set in simuconf.tab), and similarly disallow the construction or upgrade of buildings beyond that level underneath elevated ways. May I ask - where can the code for checking whether an elevated way can be built and whether a city building can be built or upgraded be found? Also, are there any things in particular that I should look out for to avoid falling into obvious mistakes when implementing this?

Thank you in advance!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

this would also be a requirement for half-height bridges, needed for a half-height pak-set

greenling

Jamespetts
I have be view a photo that be show a house under an elevated railwayline.
That photo was cam out Tokio Japan.
But i have quickly that Photo not to hand!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Greenling,

indeed - smaller buildings, such as houses, should be permitted but not, say, tower blocks.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

wegbauer has this, at the same place where it check if the next tile is free to enter.

And citybildings search for  renovation / renovier in simcity.cc. I think it is step_gebaeude().

jamespetts