News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Download of simuwin-120-0-1.zip failed: Timed out on connecting

Started by zrex, January 30, 2015, 06:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zrex

Hi everyone,

I tried downloading the game through the online installer but i get a message saying 'Download of simuwin-120-0-1.zip failed: Timed out on connecting.'
So i tried manually downloading simuwin-120-0-1.zip but it doesn't download.
I've tried numerous times but the result is the same and i'm 100% sure it's doesn't have to do anything with my connection speed etc.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

zrex

Yes from the sourceforge link u mentioned. The download doesn't happen regardless of what mirror i choose.

I have found the solution. My antivirus prevents simutrans from being downloaded. I use bitdefender free av and had to disable it to download simutrans with the online installer.

Hope this also helps other users using bitdefender with the same problem.
Thanks.

An_dz

So it prevents someone to download free software? From SourceForge? And without telling the user? Sorry to say but this AV is horrible.

Ters

Some time ago, my anti-virus would delete makeobj as soon as I compiled it. Upgrading libpng solved the problem, so the anti-virus might have been trying to prevent me from using a program full of security vulnerabilities. Maybe the official releases are built using old zlib and/or bzip2. (Not particularly critical, as Simutrans doesn't normally load data less trusted than itself.)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I merged the doublepost. Please edit posts rather than replying to yourself if it has been less than 24h.

Glad you got it working!

prissi

bz2 does not have a new version for ages. zlib shoudl be the newest. But AV software tends to block programs, which can act as server (as simutrans does).