News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Share my save

Started by superleo11, October 28, 2014, 04:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superleo11

This is the save that I have been playing for 5 years. As you can see I spent a lot of time to build such as the railroad or highway. Even though I am gonna share this save, it doesn't mean I am gonna stop playing it. I want you guys share your idea in this save and upload it in my post if you want to. Since my pak is a very old version, I can't use some of the new tools like the "Map enlarge".If anyone knows how to enlarge the map such as editing the config, tell me and teach me how to do it. I appreciate that!!

Start from 2009 (is the year that I play, not in simutrans):

Railroad Line (earliest year version)

Railroad Line  (after 2 years version)

Highway

(traffic in earliest version)

My save: https://www.sendspace.com/file/1jg0uj

My pak: https://www.sendspace.com/file/84kfn4

gauthier

Downloaded, loads well and then ... what a mess ! It's really hard to see any organised structure in your network. Mixing content from different paksets also looks odd (it's basically pak128 Britain but I saw much content from pak128 and pak128 Japan). To my mind, you achieved a nice overcomplicated network (by the way, most stations are overcrowded, especially the airport with its nice halo of planes turning over forever  :P ) with huge stations and everything ... but I honestly don't like such networks.

Junna

When I started playing, I played with a similar messy pak.

Ah, the overcrowidng. Typical Simutrans standard that. I never liked how it handles that stuff... It's far too easy to get a lot of backed up passengers.

superleo11

Quote from: gauthier on October 29, 2014, 08:19:57 PM
Downloaded, loads well and then ... what a mess ! It's really hard to see any organised structure in your network. Mixing content from different paksets also looks odd (it's basically pak128 Britain but I saw much content from pak128 and pak128 Japan). To my mind, you achieved a nice overcomplicated network (by the way, most stations are overcrowded, especially the airport with its nice halo of planes turning over forever  :P ) with huge stations and everything ... but I honestly don't like such networks.

This is a combo pak set hahahaha lol.... Well, I think solving the crowding station is the big problem in my save. I know it's hard to solve it since too many stops connected together yet messy. Hope I can solve it on the new save but also I really want you help too.... lol   

Anyway thx for your comment...

superleo11

Quote from: Junna on October 29, 2014, 10:38:20 PM
When I started playing, I played with a similar messy pak.

Ah, the overcrowidng. Typical Simutrans standard that. I never liked how it handles that stuff... It's far too easy to get a lot of backed up passengers.

I will make a new update for my save and try to solve the overcrowding. I know it's really hard coz I hv never focused on the crowding problem since the first time I play. But ya, thx for your comment :D

gauthier

Solving crowding problem at this point looks nearly impossible. One must take care of crowding at all time to stop overcrowding when it appears. I think the only way to solve the problem in your savegame is removing all minimum loading on your lines and let the game run totally free for about a year. If it works, you will still have some overcrowding but much smaller, it's due to that nasty bunching behaviour. Some stations might also need extensions even after this operation.
If it doesn't work, you have to find out what lines are overcrowded (the messier is your network, the harder it is) and solve the problem at line-wide scale (add convoys, use higher capacity trains, open new lines at well chosen places to relieve overcrowded ones, etc ...).

superleo12

does anyone downloaded my save and pak and still in the computer? Since my computer was dead and I would like to play it back. Please pm me if anyone have. Thanks!

Commander Noddy

Are u from Hong Kong? If yes, was come from the same place. Actually, your network is nice and I love the complicated one;)

May The Force Be With You Always!