News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

How do I use nightly?

Started by martinuzz, October 23, 2014, 02:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinuzz

So I was told that release candidate 120 has some really serious bugs, and should not be played.
I was also told to skip 112.3, since the current nightly builds are really stable, and could do with some more testers.

So I downloaded the SDL version, the paks, and the SDL.dll.

Now how do I actually install those, and play? At first, when I ran sim-winsdl, it told me I had no SDL.dll, so I downloaded that and put it in the same directory.
If I run it now it says I need Pthreadgc2.dll, and I can fix that by reinstalling the program that asks for it.

How do I install a nightly?

Also, how can I uninstall release candidate 120? It does not show in the add/remove programs thing from the windows config screen

DrSuperGood

Simutrans does not need to be installed. You could carry it around on a USB stick and it will still work as long as the system that tries to run it supports that build.

To run the nightly builds is quite simple in this case (might change in the future).
1. Download the last release (RC120) and extract that somewhere.
2. Download the nightly executable and extract that into your RC120 folder.

Use the RC120 stuff to fetch paksets etc if you want. However when you go to play the game use the nightly executable.

Pthreadgc2.dll comes with RC120 or you can download it separately.

martinuzz

Ah! I didn't realize it was just a .exe to be added to an existing simutrans folder. I put the executable, and the SDL.dll in the empty simutrans directory that came with the pakset.7zips XD
Thanks.